AEGEENEWS-L Archives

October 2005

AEGEENEWS-L@LISTS.AEGEE.ORG

From:
Virag Szabo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virag Szabo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 01:21:15 +0200
text/plain (6 kB) , text/html (23 kB) , october.jpg (76 kB) , guy.jpg (33 kB) , iranytu.jpg (20 kB) , news2.jpg (15 kB) , paints.jpg (21 kB) , goal.jpg (20 kB) , Academy.gif (20 kB) , patners.jpg (30 kB) , face.jpg (18 kB) , partners.jpg (18 kB) , contact.gif (4 kB)
.:AEGEE-Europe - Monthly Review - September:.

       Summary :.

     a.. AEGEE's General Assembly is appraoching
        b.. EuroIslam final conference
        c.. Election Monitoring
        d.. 20 years of AEGEE
        e.. Internal Education
        f.. AEGEE as a partner for EU projects
        g.. Partner of the month
        h.. Partners
        i.. Contact

     :: AEGEE's General Assembly is approaching::

           To unite 1000 delegates and visitors in one platform who will participate agora all over Europe, who has an active role in the works of future's democratic society and united europe who are in the international works in the key
            points and who assimilated the non-governmental philosophy.To give a direction to AEGEE, to discuss proposals and new project, to make new decisions. As AEGEE the social activities we arrange after AGORA, historical tours and the
            informative meetings under the direction of experts and introducing our countries history and cultural values.

     Read more

     :: EuroIslam final conference ::

           From the 3rd to 7th of October, the Euro Islam Project team organized her final conference in cooperation with AEGEE Bucuresti. The Euro Islam Project started about two years ago and already had a range of events in different European countries, it deals with the Muslim migrants in Europe and the problems that seem to occur with their growing presence. The main aim of the Euro Islam project is to improve the knowledge about Islam and to enhance an inter-religious and intercultural discussion.

            The final conference in Bucuresti was important to draw up the balance: what has the project achieved so far, and what can still be improved? The conference was attended by different international speakers, many Muslims from a range of countries and a lot of experienced and motivated students from a variety of organizations in Europe.

     More

     :: Election Monitoring::
           Elections are democracy in action. Although the process itself – counting ballots and comparing numbers – might be considered boring, the results, outcome and effect of fair elections is the very basis upon which democracy is build.Being able to put words into action, AEGEE should expand its election-observing, and try to do this on a permanent basis. The very participation of young students in the process of democracy is a unique, gasping and life-changing experience that many will not forget.A few enthusiast decided to put their efforts together, and start with an Election Observing Mission to Azerbaijan, to the Elections of the Milli Majlis of the Republic of Azerbaijan, November 6th.We are inviting 20 people to observe these elections in Azerbaijan. Using the status of an NGO that AEGEE enjoys, we are able to become officially accredited International Observers.

     Apply

     :: 20 years of AEGEE ::
           The AEGEE 20 project encompasses all official and unofficial celebrations of the 20th anniversary of AEGEE-Europe. Through media events, social activities, publications and a new website, the project will draw attention to the achievements of AEGEE-Europe over 20 years, the important and valuable role it has played in the process of European Integration, and the contributions it has made in the lives of its members.

     For more info please click here

     :: Internal Education ::

           The AEGEE-Academy is the Working Group of AEGEE-Europe that takes care of the Internal Education and Human Resources in AEGEE. By providing high quality training events, we want to ensure the organisation of high quality projects and events in AEGEE. On this website, we provide more information about our work. Calendar of events: Public Relations European School II in Athina, European School I in Zaragoza, ITES

     More information

     :: AEGEE as a partner for EU projects ::

           AEGEE’s main strengths are our Network (with 15.000 students present in 260 academic cities among 42 European countries AEGEE can reach every corner of Europe) and our enthusiasm (our members are active students, willing to make a change in society. They are the best multiplicative factor in reaching youth all over Europe)

            AEGEE as a partner in your project can give you the ideal support by:

            - providing you with fresh and future-oriented ideas
            - organizing grass-root activities
            - raising awareness among future leaders

     Read more about AEGEE as a Partner for EU Projects

     :: casaswap - Partner of the month ::

           CasaSwap is an international accommodation network that brings together young people, students and landlords from all over the world! On the CasaSwap website you can Rent, Sublet and Swap accommodation with other
            members - easy and fast!"

     www.casaswap.com

     :: Partners ::

           JCI (Junior Chamber International)
            AEGEE-Europe is a member of Youth Forum Jeunesse and IFISO (Informal Forum of International Student Organisations) and European Movement
            EurActiv.com - our official media partner
            Eurodesk - www.eurodesk.org
            FATF - AEGEE Trust Fund Foundation - is an official AEGEE supporting partner - www.fatf.info
            World Bank

     To learn about other partners of AEGEE, go to: www.aegee.org/partners

     :: Contact ::

           If you have any questions concerning AEGEE activities or you wish to be unsubscribed from this list, please don't hesitate to contact:

            AEGEE-Europe - www.aegee.orgRue Nestor de Tière 15
            B-1030 Brussels
            Tel: +32-2-215 40 68
            Fax: +32-2-245 62 60
            Email: [log in to unmask]

            In order to receive an AEGEE-Europe information package containing our publications (Key to Europe and The Gazette), write to [log in to unmask]
            To learn more about AEGEE-Europe publications, go to the projects section by clicking HERE.

            To see the latest AEGEE Gazette click HERE.

     For more information about AEGEE click here