RAINBOW-L Archives

April 2002

From:
sasa sirca <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
sasa sirca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 22:42:13 +0200
AEGEE LJUBLJANA, RIJEKA and ZAGREB together, as the members of the RAINBOW REGION, are proud to present for the first time:

THE NATURAL EXPERIENCE
RAINBOW AEGEE SPORT TRILOGY

NATURAL EXPERIENCE I
The Seven Lakes
The Komna Hut, Valley of Seven Triglav Lakes
Triglav National Park, Slovenia
10.-12.05.2002.

1) THE NATUAL EXPERIENCE
It's a three-part adventure sport event (trilogy) that will be organized in Rainbow region during 2002 by the co-operation of the three antennae Ljubljana, Rijeka and Zagreb. The first part takes place at...

2) KOMNA
One of the biggest mountain huts in Slovenia, above the Bohinj lake at 1520 m above sea, built in a mountain region full of forests called Komna. It has a restaurant, drinks and meals could be ordered, fresh water, rooms, toilets. We sleep there 2 nights and meanwhile visit...

3) THE TRIGLAV NATIONAL PARK
The biggest national park in Slovenia, around the Slovenian highest mountain Triglav (2864 m). It is surrounded by deep alpine valleys, creeks, glacial lakes, ancient forests, everlasting snow, alpine gouts. The heaven for alpinists, trekkers, climbers and all people who love nature. The most interesting part of Triglav National Park except Triglav itself is...

4)THE VALLEY OF SEVEN LAKES
One of the most beautiful alpine valleys in Slovenia and a natural phenomenon. Between high and sharp peaks, it hides seven "mountain eyes", beautiful glacial lakes.
Not to leave you without competitions and food we are about to organize...

5) COOKING COMPETITION
Every antenna will have to bring, prepare and present their characteristic meal. Choose good meal, we want to enjoy. There will be voting and prizes for winners. You will have limited time to prepare it! This was not enough to us so after cooking we will have...

6) "KUMARICE V KISU" COMPETITION
Surprise, you will just have to wait for this. We can just tell you there are going to be 5 teams of three people and the award is really something... (start applying now!). You will need a drink after this one, believe me, and that is why follows...

7) DRINKING COMPETITION
Zlatorog vs Union. Two famous Slovenian beers. One team drinks Zlatorog one Union. It is going to be harder than "medica" in Kranjska Gora, believe me!

IMPORTANT NOTES
1. This is a sport event. It is nothing extreme, but still you have to be fit to participate in it! And you have to love AEGEE people, way of thinking, our games and, of course, nature. If you cannot walk or go up it is going to be pretty hard for you.
2. You do not have to bring your sleeping bags, we are sleeping in a big mountain hut with separate rooms (4 or 5), liquid water and toilets.
3. We are going in Alps (1500-2100m of altitude). Although the event will take place in May it will still be quite cold up there especially in the evenings. Bring warm clothes and a jacket.
4. Bring good, warm and comfortable trekking shoes with you (VERY IMPORTANT). Bring also slippers for the dormitory.

Are you interested? Then hurry up and fill in the application form as we have limit number of places!

If you have any questions feel free to contact us - [log in to unmask]

Don't forget to have a look at our web site http://aegee.interblod.com where you can find all you need - program, map, photos etc.

Hope to see you,

AEGEE Ljubljana, AEGEE Rijeka and AEGEE Zagreb Organization Team

 ============================================================================RAINBOW-L is a regional discussion list of AEGEE. Check out