RAINBOW-L Archives

August 1999

From:
COMAND ANGELA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
COMAND ANGELA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 17:14:57 -0000
Ciao,
this's a letter I'm sending to some people very interested in AEGEE
in Tuzla (AEGEE's first contact in BiH)
Help us starting AEGEE in Bosnia&Herzegovina!!!!
I need some regional cooperation for them !!!
Because that's what AEGEE is ... European co-operation !!

Dear friends,

Last week took place a meeting of AEGEEan people in Ljubljana.
We were 24 coming from Ankara,Firenze,Aachen,Bruxelles,Munchen,Luxemburg,
Mainz,Kaiserslautern,Treviso,Sarajevo:)

Many projects and initiatives were proposed by the partecipants.
Exchanges between Antennae,co-operation with AEGEE locals for funding the
activities
in the region,free language and computer courses;
Seminars or conferences on topics like:education,European identity,
corruption,problems of minorities,nationalism,fear caused by the bombings...
I only mentioned some of the ideas,more you can find in the report below.
Could be interesting ?
This was just a start.We need to develop it in another meeting.

There's the possibility to organise a meeting in Sarajevo
in October for all the people interested in AEGEE,in cooperation with a
students organisation
active also in Banja Luka,Mostar,and other cities of
Bosnia&Herzegovina...called AMI
Alternativa Mirovna Inicijativa.Have you ever heard about it ?
So probably a "delegation"of aegeean people (and also me !!)
will come there,but the precise date has not been decided yet.

Are you subscribed to any mailing list?Do you have computer facilities?
If you don't have received any publication or the new Address Book (the yellow
one) just tell me!But I think John has already sent you something ...

let's keep in touch!

Angela

Initiatives and concrete projects proposed:
1.Visit of some Western locals
Western locals should organise visits for about one or two weeks by a number
of students of a specific city of the Balkans.During this time the people
should learn quite a lot about the Educational system in Western countries as
several meetings with responsible persons will be organised.
On the other hand a certain amount of sightseeing should be involved as well
and the culture of the country of the local is presented.
The organisational work will be up to the joining locals but they will share
their experiences.
There will be one mainly  responisible per antenna wich already will be found
during the President Meeting in Adana.
2.Article review
Collection of newspaper articles on the Balkans.
These should be translated in English and a kind of a booklet should be
published that gves a kind of overview on the situation there emphasising the
changes while not neglecting the dangers.

Local initiatives:
-helping find sponsoring for traves to AEGEE events,free language and computers
courses,
adversiting for Summer Universities.
Regional activities:
-contacting NGOs that are already involved in the area
-meetings in the region
European wide initiatives:
-exchanges between students
-promoting Socrates exchange programmes into the Balkans
-informing about fundraising possibilities for projects.

Angela Comand
Network Commissioner AEGEE-Europe

via Tommaseo 59
I-33053 Latisana (UD)