RAINBOW-L Archives

November 2005

From:
Charlene Sciberras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charlene Sciberras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:04:36 +0100
Dear Rainbow,

Since 1993, the 3rd of December is a day to promote the rights of disabled people. This year someone else will be celebrating this day – AEGEE.

The 3rd December is going to become permanent date in our human rights calendar. This day is designated by the United Nations as the 'International Day of Disabled Persons' for the "the achievement of the full and equal enjoyment of human rights and participation in society by persons with disabilities"

The BRIDGE together with the HRWG would like to celebrate this day together with the AEGEE Network by raising awareness on the topic of disability and youth mobility.

We invite you to join us by organising something in your local, such as, a lecture, an info stand, a half-day seminar, a press release, a play involving people with disability, and raising awareness within your local, by approaching youth organisation for disabled and meet them up to involve them in AEGEE.

Getting started is very easy, just contact The BRIDGE, approach us with your questions and we will take care of you.

Looking forward to hear from various locals!

The BRIDGE Team