RAINBOW-L Archives

September 2000

From:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:54:17 CEST
>just a easy question:
>Why are we going to have a RM just before the AGORA, when we can meet
>anyway
>during the AGORA and have almost the same results?

I don't think so... the meeting at the Agora is really very very different.
Do you think that it's possible to obtain same results of a RM during 30
minutes, at lunch time, with ..300 members around sitting on the stairs, or
if you are lucky in the hall, etc etc...?
Wich results are you looking for ?
I mean results as exchange of knowdlege, coordination on national level
(necessary for PR, FR, and as we saw last summer visa matters), partnerships
between locals of the region... and it's successfull especially when it can
motivate new members to become active in AEGEE !
Its value is out of discussion but don't confuse it with the RMs during
Agora and PMs !

>It's more usefull If we organize RM not so close to a Statutory Meeting
>next
>time...
>I won' take part to the RM this time, because of Agora & Public Relation
>European School in Ljubljana (28th October-2nd November) that we are going
>to Organize.

hey  you're also president AEGEE-Firenze, I think you should communicate to
Ivana if any representative from your local will be present, without
speaking just for yourself...
I can see there's competition between PRES and RM (it was my preoccupation
to avoid this since last july, do you remember my mails ?)
After there were several reasons supporting the idea of a RM in Zagreb very
close to the agora. But it has to be decided by all the region, hopefully,
so what about the others Torino, Roma, Napoli, Salerno, etc.. ?
Please talk about it with your local...it's quite important I think...
The RM is from SUNDAY 30, MONDAY 31, 1.11 TUESDAY, 2 WEDNESDAY !
(now I know :-) but I'm afraid I have to remain in Szeged :(

Take care !

Angela

http://profiles.msn.com.