RAINBOW-L Archives

November 2002

From:
"Sandro.d'Onofrio" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandro.d'Onofrio
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:10:01 +0100
Dear Davide, dear Silvia,
Thanks very much for you caring.
I'm answering because i come from Termoli but my parents and grand
parents live in Colletorto (the centre of the earthquake) and so i know
the situation there.
Actually we were lucky because compared to the strenght of the
earthquake we had little damage everywhere. So no problem at all for
people in Termoli and few problems even in the nearby villages around
the centre.
The only disaster is for San Giuliano, a small village just 40 km from
Termoli and 2 km from Colletorto, about 1100 inhabitants they lost
almost 30 children in the only large building collapsed: a school.
30 children can seem little for such a big earthquake but believe me
that 30 children in a small countryside village of 1100 people means
future.
So i think that soon everybody will talk about it like an earthquake
with few consequences but for that village it will be remembered like
the most sad event in a great time.

Anyway in Termoli no problem at all.
Thanks again and see you soon,

Sandro