RAINBOW-L Archives

August 1999

From:
Isabella <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 21:30:45 +0200
Dear AEGEE members,

just a short message concerning a special fund of the European Youth
Foundation (Council of Europe).

In the perspective of a lasting conflict resolution of that region it is
imperative to work with youth; not only because they are exceptionally badly
affected by the crisis, but also because they are the key actors for a
longer term rebuilding and stabilisation of the region.

In the frame of the "Stability Programme for South-East Europe" a special
fund has been opened in order to support IYNGOs projects to be held in that
region. More than 10 "Kosovo projects" have been supported by the EYF so far.

I got this info from one of my colleague of the CoE Commission but I don't
have the explanation (or vademecum) concerning that special fund, it should
arrive in Brussels at our headquarter. I hope our CD members could help us
in finding this info, it could be useful for the Balkans meeting to be held
in Ljubljana!

Have a nice Summer!

Isabella
Isabella Casartelli