RAINBOW-L Archives

March 2003

From:
Francesca Fedrizzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francesca Fedrizzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:27:26 +0100
Dear Members of AEGEE!

 From the 17th to 25th of May, the European School 2 will take place, the
internal education event of the AEGEE-Academy in cooperation with
AEGEE-Berlin!! And we want you to think seriously about aplying for it!!

During the third week in May, we offer you the opportunity to meet in Berlin
with other great people from all over the AEGEE-network to learn about
advanced project management alongside many other skills that are useful at
the European level of AEGEE and (later on) outside AEGEE!
Concerning the programme: we are inviting very professional external
speakers (like psychologists, Siemens, the Worldbank, other NGO's, and of
course Anciens of AEGEE-Europe etc.) to give lectures, workshops and role
plays to really get to know various skills that are necessary to work
together successfully in international teams.
Concerning 'soft' skills, what do you think about communication skills,
negotiation techniques, creativity & motivation techniques, leadership
analyses, intercultural communication and teamwork and group dynamics? Have
you ever debated like in the House of Commons in the UK? If not, joining
the ES2 is worthwhile!

Concerning advanced project management you will analyse every single aspect
that you will meet in real life when you want to organise and carry out a
project in a professional manner. Next to the lectures, during the ES2,
there will be a case in which you can practice and test the knowledge and
skills you have before (theoretically) acquired.

Next to the official programme, AEGEE-Berlin is responsible for the lodging,
facilties and the social programme. A great social programme has been
constructed, with visits to Potsdam and the Reichstag in Berlin and a
theatre visit one of the evenings. Also the location is very nice with
separete bungalows and a conference centre (permanent access to coffee
machines guaranteed ;-) with all the facilities we need!
All in all, it will be a great experience for all of you who are interested
in joining the European School 2 in Berlin in May! So how can you become
part of it?!
    * First: Go to the website of the ES2 in Berlin:
www.aegee.org/academy/es2 and
have a good look at all the information and details presented to you there
    * Second: Read carefully the criteria we think you should meet in order
to be
able to join the ES2 in Berlin (under 'Participants')
    * Third: APPLY by sending in the application form on the webpage!!!
We are doing all we can to make sure this ES2 is an experience you will
never forget and will find useful and worthwhile for many years to come
(inside AEGEE but also outside!)! Therefore, apply and be there in May!!! If
you have any questions, please mail to [log in to unmask]

Your ES2 Organising Team

Francesca Fedrizzi
Academy Board Member
Rainbow  NETCOM team