RAINBOW-L Archives

June 2001

From:
Nicola Rega <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nicola Rega <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:22:08 +0200
This is another point discussed very much (without any concrete and
common result) at the RM in Sonnino.

I don't want to push in this way because, until now, we're doing
interesting FR campaing.

But it doesn't mean that I'm against this proposal.
I would like only to ask to all people who is going to "fight" for
higher or different fees to consider these points:

1) Are you really sure that increasing fees will solve problems?
I'm quite sure that now not all people in all the Antennae make good
FR. What will happen with higher fees? Probably less FR...

2) Are you really sure that with much money you'll continue organising
the same SU? Or maybe you'll say "Last year we made this programme
with this budget. This year we have much money: let's improve our
SU!". So at the end we'll return at the same starting point.

3) When a fee is too high for an event? We always compare fee of
events with the fee of the SUs. So in for 15 days I spend 100 Euro,
for 7 days I spend 50 Euro. So for a conference of 3-4 days a good fee
is 25-30 Euro. Isn't it?
Are you really sure that increasing fee for SUs the fee for the other
Events won't increase?

I know that now a lot of Antennae disilluse rules with additional
extra excursions, so at the end participants have to pay 150 Euro
instead of 100. I'm not accusing anyone. It's a state of acts:
excursions are additionals, but how many participants decide to don't
join them?

I only think that increasing fees in a good think only if we consider
al the circumstances and if we use this instrument carefully.

I hope that the "biggest fighters" in favour of higher fees will be so
polite to explain (without using thousands of words) what they think
about these 3 points. But he/she has to convince all of us that what I
wrote is wrong, pessimistic and things like these.

But if I'm not wrong at all, I think we've to find better solutions...

Nicola

¦*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
¦
¦ Nicola Rega
¤ President of Aegee-Torino
¦ West Subcommissioner of RAINBOW Region
¦
¤ Via Mercanti 30 - 10121 Torino - Italy
¦
¤ Mobile Phone: ++39 328 8453928
¤ TEL.: ++39 011 561 72 40
¦