RAINBOW-L Archives

November 2001

From:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 17:14:38 +0100
Few days ago I've participated at the conference Event in Torino "Severe
Violation of Human Rights in the new decade", I've to say thanks to all
organizers of AEGEE Torino and Human Rights WG!
They really did a great job for a very high profile conference.

An ufficial Event report will be sent soon by the organizers, here I just
wuld like to write few personal opinions. All the participants were really
interessted in the topic, even if the majority was new AEGEE members they
gave a positive and ctive contribution to the conference.
An Event like this one was planned many months ago, but the present
situation in Afghanistan made it also more interessted and extremely actual.

In the end there was an workshop session where everybody were invited to
give their personal point of view on Human Rights vilations and possible
ways of acting in this field. We also discussed if AEGEE has to increase
its political role (get a defined one), as it was discussed at the last
Agora in Ankara, the opinions were many and differents but more less
everybody agreed on the fact that the actual position of AEGEE has to be
preserved, without any influence by the policy.

Bye bye.