RAINBOW-L Archives

November 2001

From:
aegee udine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
aegee udine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:50:55 +0100
Dear dr. Vecchio, dear dr. Missana,
dear friends of Aegee,
Aegee Udine organised, in the framework of the Socrates Action Week, two
appointments with students to promote the mobility projects in Europe, both
in cooperation with the University of Udine: a conference with the students
that has taken place this morning and a party that will next Friday evening.

This first report concern in the conference.
The University of Udine - Office for Orienteering and Tutoring - organised
from 12nd to 14th October 2001 a happening about orienteering to the
University studies. The target of the happening were the students of the
secundary school. Aegee Udine offered its collaboration to the OOT, in
particular for a conference to promote the mobility project for students in
Europe. The OOT accept our cooperation and organised a conference were Aegee
was invited as speaker with the International Relations Office of the
University.
The conference has started this morning at 10.45 and there were about 50
partecipants. For Aegee Udine the speakers were Roberto Pigro (President),
Alessandro Vettori (member) and I (member of EWG and former President of
Aegee Udine). After a short presentation of the speakers, where we
introduced the association, its goals and projects, we has started to
explain what is Socrates, and, in particular, Erasmus.
The main topics have been:
- the future of Higher Education and Bologna Process;
We explained that European Union requires also a common path for education,
so the student of the future should have the chanche to study and attend his
studies in more than one University in the EU. We stressed the importance of
an international education for the job and how it could be profitable for
every single act of the citizen of the Europe of the future.
- Erasmus project: how to join it, scholarships, ECTs.
Each of the speakers has narrate his experience abroad, stressing of the
chanche he had had to have new relationships, learn how to handle on by
himself, to experience different styles of life and cultures. We focalised
also the importance of the Socrates experience for a job carrer.
The most frequent questions asked were about the recognisations of the ECTs
and the amount of the scolarships. We stressed the importance of having a
former agreement with the professors who are responsible for the courses
that  the student want to attend abroad and of having the approvation of the
Faculty before leaving.
About the scholarships, we stimulate the students to ask for them, since,
normally, there are many scholarships "empty", with no requests. For the
administrative particulars, the IRO of the University explained how to ask
for a scholarship, when and which are the possibilities to get a scholarship
if a student do not achieve a scholarship in the first selection.

I hope this is enough, anyway do not hesitate to ask for further
informations.
On behalf of Aegee Udine,

Pierluigi Dei Negri.

Next report about the party on Monday.