RAINBOW-L Archives

December 1999

From:
COMAND ANGELA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
COMAND ANGELA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 12:44:41 -0000
Hi,

here the monthly report concerning the region Italy,Slovenia,Croatia,Bosnia
Herzegovina and Malta.
I've tried to summarise what happened since november.

-Communication
-Calendar of events
-New local boards
-Contacts
-Past events
-Projects

-Communication on the regional listserver is doing fine,except with
Bari,Bergamo,Bologna,Cagliari,Catanzaro,Ferrara,Genova,Maribor,Palermo,
Perugia,Pisa ,Split.
I'll try to reach these antennae by calling them.
Since november there's a regional web page that we're trying to implement.
(http://digilander.iol.it/AEGEEMISC)
Two Regional Meeting have been almost defined:25-27.02 in Ljubljana and
26-28.03.2000 in Salerno

-Here there's a calendar of events planned in our region..

December

10-12     Traditional Slovenian Christmas Drinks & Habits  AEGEE-Ljubljana
14        Party in Milano AEGEE-Pavia - AEGEE-Milano
22       XMas Students p@rty in Brescia! AEGEE-Brescia
26-28    Presenting AEGEE in Banja Luka and Sarajevo  (local)
29-2/1   The Ultimate Party  AEGEE-Zagreb
29-03.01 Good Morning 2000 AEGEE-Udine
29-3/1   2000 Years after : Millennium Delirium    AEGEE-Roma

January  ...... ??

February
25-27 Regional Meeting  AEGEE-Ljubljana - Network Commission
27.2- 5.3.2000- Alpine Week 3 - Skizzati! AEGEE-Brescia
27-05.03  "Balkan Actions! Youth for Democracy"
        AEGEE-Udine & International Politics Working Group,Human Rights
WG,Educational WG

March

03.03-06.03 AEGEE-Rijeka  Carnival
10-12    Spring President Meeting  AEGEE-Skopie & AEGEE-Europe
24-26  Regional Meeting AEGEE-Salerno & Network Commission

April

7-9     Spring Agora AEGEE-Utrecht & AEGEE-Europe
23.04-01.05   European School in Brescia!!
               AEGEE-Brescia & AEGEE-Academy

-New boards in the region
Antennae with a renewed board and the new presidents are:

AEGEE-Brescia: Patrizia Menchiari [log in to unmask] ([log in to unmask])
AEGEE-Firenze: Stefano Dabizzi [log in to unmask]
AEGEE-Ljubljana: Tina Kunej  [log in to unmask] (aegee_ljubljana@uni-
lj.si)
AEGEE-Milano: Fabrizio Sechi [log in to unmask] ([log in to unmask])
AEGEE-Napoli:  Alessandro Noviello [log in to unmask] ([log in to unmask])
AEGEE-Pavia: Roberto Tilocca [log in to unmask] ([log in to unmask])
AEGEE-Rijeka:   Robert Barisic [log in to unmask]
AEGEE-Roma:  Emiliano Agosta [log in to unmask]
(http://campus.uniroma2.it/aegee-roma)
AEGEE-Salerno: Luca primicerio [log in to unmask]
AEGEE-Treviso Chiara Benetazzo [log in to unmask] ([log in to unmask])
AEGEE-Trieste : Vincenzo Posa [log in to unmask]
AEGEE-Udine: Pierluigi Dei Negri  [log in to unmask] ([log in to unmask])
AEGEE-Valletta Corinne Cordina [log in to unmask]
AEGEE-Venezia Davide Calenda [log in to unmask] ([log in to unmask])
AEGEE-Zagreb  Zoran Mrklic [log in to unmask]

Contacts:

There'll be a meeting with students of Banja Luka on the 26th of December,
Some netcommies will present our association  and plan the next steps.
I'm trying to arrange a meeting also in Sarajevo.
Our friends from Tuzla will enjoy AEGEE New Year's Eve in Zagreb..
With Zoran,Lada,Goran,Ivana,and all AEGEE-Zagreb and the Millenium party
partecipants we'll show them their way "to aegee" :-))

I sent emails to all other contacts  but  no reactions.

-... which Antenna will host the next Agora and PM ?
There were rumours about locals willing
to host an Agora or a Presidents Meeting, from the Mediterranean to the Alps !
But it should be also something special  !!
So the deadline for applications has been postponed to the 15th of December.

-Past events were: "Artspotting" organised by AEGEE-Treviso & AEGEE-Venezia,
Unfortunately I can't tell you so much about "Socrates Action Week",
except that AEGEE-Firenze and AEGEE-Salerno has organised it.
Peace in the Mediterranean-AEGEE Valletta (28.10-2.11 1999) :
Despite the other BIG events going on,a fantastic group of enthusiastic
people could gather 20 partecipants,extremely qualified lecturers and guests
from Egypt,Nigeria and Tunisia.
Perfect organization,nice parties and visits,unforgettable hospitality.A
bright example for every antenna,a beatiful mediterranean dream.
(from one of the partecipants)

-Projects
 Balkan Action ! Youth for Democracy
AEGEE-Udine:the goal of "Balkan Action!: Youth for Democracy" is to encourage
young people to take part in institutions, university in particular, because we
think that partecipation is the base for democracy in every country.
The event shall take place among 27.02 and 05.03.2000.
The majority of Aviano is available to host these guys coming from Balkans
in the last three days of the event, with the aim to give a sign of peace and
avoid the identification with the U.S. base settled there.
During our days in Aviano we are going to manage the final conference and
also a ski-weekend, in the well know site of Piancavallo.
The partecipants at "Balkan Action!: YfD" could be about 20-30, but more
people could join in the ski-weekend.
Partner of AEGEE-Udine will be the International Politics
Working Group,Human Rights WG,and Education Working Group.
(for informations contact Pierluigi,[log in to unmask])

Angela Comand
AEGEE-Europe Network Commissioner
Malta,Italia,Slovenia,Hrvatska,Bosnia I Hercegovina

 via Tommaseo 59            tel +39 0431 55055
 I-33053 Latisana (Udine)      mobile 0339-1534013