RAINBOW-L Archives

May 2002

From:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 00:46:25 +0200
Hi dear Rainbowists,
I'd like to talk about my personal feelings cocerning the last Agora:
as our Chairman already said it was a mistake to stop the objections that
were raised by the Agora plenary during the second election round. Indeed I
felt that a violence was committed towards many Agora delegates, a
remarkable former CD member Paolo Balestrieri, and towards all the Network
Commission represented there by its Speaker (me).
Invalidate an election round (without the right procedure) and take out the
chance to express an opinion are real acts of violence, it was the first
time I felt me and the Network treated like this.

At that time I decided to leave AEGEE at any levels, I simply couldn't stay
in an Association that could use violence as way of acting during a
pressure time. I was convinced by the people present (especially Markella)
to postpone this decision, because it could increase the chaos during the
plenary.
In many cases in the past I said that I wanted to resigned but they were
only provocations (isn't it Gunnar?), but this time is different, now all
the motivations I had for staying in AEGEE were gone simultaneously in few
seconds.

The resignation letter was quiet ready this morning…, but now the time is
ready to tell you that I won't give up!!! I've to say thanks to a phone
call from one of the best friend I ever had in AEGEE: Grasas, but also to
the support of Karin, Fabrizio, Luca, Betina, Enrico, Mark, Madelijne,
Tamara, Vladimir, Hakan, Kamala, and all the others...., they all convinced
me to stay, it'll take too long to explain you why.

To prove that I'm back even more motivated than before I'll try to propose
few changes that can avoid in the future some bad situations:
I fully agree with Stefan proposals, priority to Prytannia should be given
right at the next Agora.
A clear Proposal Regulation has to be defined (term to present it, an
available printed text provided in advance)
Personally I think that our JC was under an extremely high pressure and
stress, because of the proposals amount, and the new signing locals amount.
Why don't we raise from 2 to 3 members the JC (the CD observer can't help
effectively)?

Bye bye.