RAINBOW-L Archives

December 2000

From:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 01:09:10 +0100
Dear friends,
I'm glad to see that many people wrote something about the Name of our
beloved Region. Maybe this mailing list wasn't so active before, and I'm
even glad for this.

But I'm a bit disappointed that more people write about Region's name and
very few Locals told me yet about their future Events, in order to avoid 2
or more of them with a same topic ona SAME DATE.

Anyway I'd like to add my opinion on the NAME matter:

>I suggest  Davide Calenda to decide a deadline for propositions and then
>three or four days for the votations.

I'm sorry but I don't think that a votation shuold be the right way to find
the new name, because the Locals distibution is not balanced, 29 in whole
Region, 22 in Italy, 2 in Slovenia, 1 in Malta, 1 in Bosnia, and 3 in Croatia.
I would prefer to find a common agreement on a name that should rappresent
all of us, I don't like to get it by majority.
Anyway I've to admit that CENTRAL MED Region seems to be in advantage, but
we should wait other opinions.

We are not in hurry let's wait till the new year (first/second week of
Genuary) and then change officially the Region name.

Thanks for your contributions, and of course if you prefer more a votation
we can use this tool, even if your Netcommie doesn't like it!

Bye bye.

DAVIDE CALENDA

-Network Commissioner for Malta/Italy/Slovenia/Croatia/Bosnia-Herzegovina
-Treasurer and Erasmus Responsible of AEGEE Venezia
-Treasurer Supporting Working Group Bobigosa

Private phone: +39 041 520 92 10
Mobile phone: +39 339 810 97 42

AEGEE EUROPE URL:
http://www.aegee.org