RAINBOW-L Archives

November 2005

From:
Charlene Sciberras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charlene Sciberras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:15:46 +0100
Dear Network,

The Human Rights Working Group of AEGEE would like to celebrate together with the AEGEE network the International Day Against Fascism and Antisemitism that takes place on the 9th of November by continuing to raise awareness about this subject.

The HRWG have joined the European-wide campaign organised by UNITED for Intercultural Action. This campaign is to commemorate the "Kristallnacht" pogrom, to protest against intolerance and to build a better future of tolerance and respect because fascism and antisemitism, as well as racism, xenophobia and discrimination of minorities are on the rise in Europe. Through cooperation with groups of a different faith, different ethnic and cultural background, all together we promote tolerance and social cohesion.

The Human Rights Working Group sincerely hope that our contribution within the UNITED campaign will be valuable as we believe that our voice which AEGEE speaks out as the largest interdisciplinary pan-European network of students in this regard, is important in both raising public awareness in local communities, as well as at a national and European level.

The Human Rights Working Group (HRWG) of AEGEE is an independent working group within AEGEE, whose main activities are spreading information, organising and supporting projects within AEGEE on the subject of Human Rights. Its main aim is to bring human rights violations into public notice and to raise awareness of violations of human dignity in order to make sure that these crimes are not neglected or forgotten.

For more information contact us on: [log in to unmask]
And visit the UNITED website: www.unitedagainstracism.org

The Human Rights Working Group of AEGEE Board