RAINBOW-L Archives

August 2001

From:
Ivana Vukov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ivana Vukov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 15:10:22 -0700
Take a look at this great training opportnity!

Ivana
--------------------------

SUBJECT:

Youth Training course in FR Yugoslavia
International Training course

Title: Promotion of Tolerant Inter-Ethnic Relations
between Youth of different ethnic origins from
Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia and FR Yugoslavia based
on respect of human and minority rights?

Novi Sad, FR Yugoslavia
20 November- 27 November 2001

Language of Instruction:English  !

Organizer:
BalkanIDEA Novi Sad, FR Yugoslavia

Co-organizer:
Debate club “Privrednik�, Novi Sad

THIS TRAINING COURSE IS FINANCED BY THE COUNCIL OF
EUROPE

Objectives

To promote inter-ethnic relations between young people
belonging to majority and minority communities from
Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia and FR Yugoslavia.To
raise the awareness of young people to questions of
human - and, in particular minority rights.To
introduce European Court of Human rights (and European
Institutions) and European Convention on Human Rights
to young people from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia
and FR Yugoslavia

A seven days schedule is devoted to :

 >Training course-mornings with the lectures and
presentations of the officials from European court of
Human Rights and the ones close to the subject and

 >Discussions -afternoons or after every lecture
devoted to the debate on the topics of Minority rights
( detailed at the table of the activities ).

During the conference, arguments used by teams in all
discussions are going to be gathered and published in
the Arguments report. These reports are going to be
printed and shared with the participants who are going
to distribute them back home.

Training course lectures will be concentrated on:
Human and Minority Rights
>     historical development;
>     European institutions and the protection of
human and minority rights;
>     European and International instruments on human
and minority rights protection (including Council of
Europe's European Convention on Human Rights, the
European Charter on Regional and Minority Languages,
the Framework Convention for the Protection of
National Minorities, Monitoring Mechanisms of the
Council of Europe, etc.);

>     Transfrontier co-operation instruments,
Transfrontier Television Convention (Council of Europe
instruments);

>     Freedom of expression, Social Minorities and
Social Charter of Council of Europe.

PRACTICALITIES

>    Board, food and travel costs:

 -   There is NO REGISTRATION or ENROLLMENT FEE!!!!!

 -  Both BOARD, FOOD AND TRAVEL COSTS are provided by
the funders and the organizer.

 -  However the travel costs are not going to be
reimbursed in case that the participant did not
attend more than 90% of the course!

>      PARTICIPANTS:

>     32 young participants from Bosnia and
Herzegovina, Croatia and FR Yugoslavia.

>      Participants should be engaged in a work of any
youth, student or similar organization.

>      Participants should come from following cities
and towns:

                         Rijeka, Zagreb, Osijek,
Split, Dubrovnik, Subotica, Zrenjanin, Backi Petrovac,
Vršac, Novi Sad,
                         Belgrade, PriÅ¡tina,
Podgorica, Nikšic, Budva, Bar, Niš, Sarajevo, Banja
Luka, Tuzla, Mostar,
                         Zenica.

>    The Training course is in principle conceived for
youth from 14 to 28 years. This is just an average,
everyone interested can join: older persons are
welcome; younger persons should be accompanied by a
person of 18 years or older.

>    Criteria for the eligibility is going to be
MOTIVATION LETTER asked from each interested in a
topic.

>    Besides taking lectures, the participants will be
in position to take an active role in debates and
discussions. During the debates and discussions
informal debate techniques will be used.

Therefore while selecting advantage will be given to
the ones who are familiar with debate,though this is
not a condition for the participation!

>    We ask you to consider, in which way you will be
able to pass what you'll experience and  learn,
tothers back home.

=====
Ivana Vukov
Vice-President / PR Responsible of AEGEE-Europe
rue Nestor de Tiere 15, B-1030 Bruxelles/Brussel
tel: +32-2-245 23 00, fax: +32-2-245 62 60
E-mail:[log in to unmask]
"In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing,
the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing" T. Roosevelt