RAINBOW-L Archives

August 2003

From:
Alexianne Galea <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alexianne Galea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 00:22:05 +0200
CITIZEN of EUROPE ~ citizen of the world?
Location: IZMIR, Turkey

Dates: 15th -19th AUGUST 2003

Participation Fee: 37 Euros for EU countries and 30 Euros for other countries' citizens.

One of the thematic pillars of the Project is CIVIL SOCIETY and its relationship with globalisation - a hot topic which has been creating great complexities and criticism. In our European democracies political action evolves from civil society and this has been the underlying factor for social stability and the formation of the European identity.

Now, questions still remain to be addressed ....

At IZMIR you will :

> BRAINSTORM on the ideal environment for political participation and the ideal balance between civil engagement and government,

> ANALYSE and DISCUSS the obstacles that prevent individual political engagement and the creation of political associations,

> FIND SOLUTIONS that ensure an active political participation in a globalised world!

[AEGEE- IZMIR has also prepared a wonderful social programme so there's a fair share of work and play!]

Then what are you waiting for? JOIN US!!!

The Study Meeting, enjoying the support of the WORLD BANK is part of the AEGEE project Youth and Globalisation and aims at offering European youth a platform to discuss how to deal actively with the forces of globalisation and how to shape them in a way that is advantageous to Europe and the world.

So, don't MISS OUT! This opportunity is once in in a lifetime. You will have
the chance to spend 5 nights in beautiful Izmir, "the pearl of Aegea".

Send IMMEDIATELY, latest 7th August, your contact info and a paragraph about yourself (course of study/motivation) to [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] . If you require additional information, do not hesitate to check out our webpage: www.aegee.org/globalyouth and contact us at: [log in to unmask]

sunny greetings :)

                            Alexianne on behalf of THE Y & G TEAM

Alexianne Galea
Vice-President & International Officer, AEGEE-Valletta
Enlarged Board, IPWG
Editor, Key to Europe
World Youth Summit Coordinator, Youth & Globalisation Project