RAINBOW-L Archives

October 1999

From:
Alex - Roma <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:23:21 +0100
"Merhaba,"

How are you?
We all know that some people, although they will say "I'm fine", are
having problems.

Have you ever been thinking just for a few seconds what it could mean to

wake up in the middle of the night, being shaken together with your
room,
your house and the whole building by an endless and destructive
earthquake?

Unfortunately too many people these days are discovering the meaning of
this question...and after all, they are still in dust and ruins.

Yes, it is impossible to feel like or even to understand these people
who
last whatever they had as a "normal life": a house, a job, a family,
friends, a city, a school etc. But we can at least help them in
rebuilding
their life...

We are a youth NGO striving among other aims for a better life for
people,
for education and for respect for human rights. That's why, Human Rights

Working Group has recently decided to give a hand to the victims of the
earthquake.

We want to to help people in Turkey, still suffering from the erasing
earthquake, and knowing that it would be impossible to help them at
once, we
had to be selective and we, being students, chose the students who lost
their lodging in the region.

We decided to launch a campaign for rebuilding students' dormitory,  we
want
to start with the dormitory of Sakarya University, the most damaged one.
For
this, we need your help and your contribution... You can work for this
campaign and collect money in your local. How, from whom and how much to

collect is completely up to you... The one and only aim is to help those

young people so that they do not spend this winter in muddy and unsafe
tents... Th idea is to provide them a room and some comfort where they
will
feel warm and safe...

We believe that we can do this...We also hope you believe it as well and
you
will help us in collecting money. If you have decided to take part in
this
campaign, please send a confirmation to our responsible for the
locals, Else Weijsenfeld:

Oudekamp 17
NL-3512 KG Utrecht
tel: +31.30.2317310
fax: +31.30.2200749 (ask first)

LET the EATHQUAKE-VICTIMS BECOME STUDENTS AGAIN!..

On behalf of the European Coordination Team,
Alex Zucconi