RAINBOW-L Archives

November 2002

Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 16:42:12 +0100
Thanks to all the people that expressed their concern about what is going on
in Termoli. Feeling some people who care is very important.

After having two earthquakes in two days, people are extremely shocked.
Yesterday night  it was not uncommon for people to sleep in cars in Termoli
and Campomarino (where there is little official assistance but the most of
the population of the area). I saw a priest celebrating a mess at 2 o'clock
in the night under a tent and it was quite touching... most of the people
can not sleep at nights. Hopefully today there will be more peace than
yesterday!!!

About Aegee-Termoli, yesterday night we had our meeting in a safe place, in
the center of the main square! Most of the people are quite ok even though
someone like Antonello, Sandro etc. have had their or their relative's
belongings touched somehow. That's nothing of course if compared to the
disaster in the school in S.Giuliano, but still makes the situation quite
difficult and, at times, a strained atmosphere.

There is also of course a funny outcome, that Molise got famous all over the
world (and today is the day of dead people for Catholics!!!) with its tiny
beautiful villages scattered around (and, luckily,
scarcely inhabited), its women talking an impossible dialect, and its old
buildings... hopefully in the future people will have more respect for this
little but very nice region!

Thanks to all the people who feel close to us in these moments
Fabrizio