RAINBOW-L Archives

March 2003

From:
Alexianne Galea <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alexianne Galea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:40:36 +0200
Dear Rainbow friends,
Unfortunately, geographical borders still exist for us here in the middle of the Mediterranean and in fact, AEGEE-Valletta was not represented in the Rijeka RM of this last weekend. But hey.... we've been up to a lot ever since Athina and so we thought that a little update would do no harm ... Here we go:

>> STARRING MALTA 2002 ~ 28th Dec till 5th Jan
Well... you are all aware that we celebrated our 5th Anniversary in style : an extraordinary nine days with the very best of participants with whom we could share all the lovely things which our tiny weeny island can offer! Of course, the stars were with us all throughout ... beautiful weather and an even more fruitful nights [if you know what I mean?!]

>> ERASMUS & INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ~ early week February
Being part of a University which welcomes not only Erasmus students but also International ones, AEGEE-Valletta always ranks in the top positions for being able to integrate these students with our amazing spirit. In fact, the Erasmus Responsible together with the Human Resources Responsible and the Secretary made a PPT presentation of the world of AEGEE and also conducted Orientation Tours around University. Moreover, we have a weekly meeting in a popular bar, 'Four Seasons' where our members and our foreign hosts mingle together [at times more than necessary...but well... a good incentive does no harm!]

>> SUMMER UNIVERSITIES PROJECT ~ 13March & 4-6April
As a highlight project of AEGEE, we seek to promote it to the max! All across Students' House, the SU posters are attached... no one can miss them and in fact, the demand was shown by the response which we had for our Annual SU Info Meeting held on the 13th March!
Of course, this coming weekend, AEGEE-Valletta will be participating and having its own stand in the Annual In Site Student Congress where we will be promoting the SU Project as well as the Youth & Globalisation Questionnaire.

>> PUBLICATIONS
At times, it feels like we've become a Press Centre! Really from publishing booklets to the Erasmus and to the International Students... from being featured on a monthly basis on the TUNE IN Magazine ... and what about being constantly pictured [and becoming celebrities!] on  the campus IN SITE  Newspaper... an SU Special Booklet was also made ... apart from our articles on the forthcoming Key to Europe and News Bullettin!

>> ACTIVE PARTICIPATION
It's true that there's the sea dividing us yet well, you can always meet an AEGEE-Valletta member somewhere roaming around ... In fact, in Enschede, AEGEE-Valletta had its own delegation composed not solely of Executive Board members but also of our enthusiastic members... and you all wait for the LOUD people coming to Bucharest!

>> PARTIES... and PARTIES... and.... PARTIES!!!
A GOOD dose of fun is synonomous to our name ... should I say more about this?!maybe 250litres of Sangria in one night ?! or maybe another lavish European Night party ?!

>> On the NATIONAL FRONT, AEGEE-Valletta has also been widely present. In fact, we have participated to the Erasmus Applications Ceremony to which the Head of the Delegation of the European Commission, the Minister of Education and the Parliamentary Secretary for Sports, Youths and Culture were present! There have also been the Annual University Student Council to which we attended and participated animately! Then, for the first time in its history, AEGEE-Valletta presented its own candidate Hanan El Khatib for the elections of the National Youth Council.

What's up for AEGEE-Valletta NEXT ?
>> ANNUAL IN SITE CONGRESS ~ 4th-6th April 2003
We will have a stand to promote SU and the Youth & Globalisation Questionnaire
>> EASTER TRADITIONS TOUR ENDEAVOURS
We will take the Erasmus & International Students to get a taste of our religious traditions during Easter time
>> GOZO WEEKEND
AEGEE-Valletta will be spending yet another weekend to our sister island of Gozo, good opportunity to integrate further
>> ALUMNI MEETING
The past - the PRESENT - the future under the same roof under the same flag, now 5yrs old!
>> SU MED-HOUSE MALTA 2003 ~ 31st-15th September
Need we say more... our very own fantastic SU :)

OK! This e-mail is longer than expected and actually, I do hope that you have reached this point of reading! Nothing more to add except for WATCH OUT FOR MORE yet to come and that should you need more information about any events please contact us all on: [log in to unmask]
                                                             greetings from a clear blue Maltese sky,
                                                                           alexianne

Alexianne Galea - Vice-President & International Officer, AEGEE-Valletta