RAINBOW-L Archives

November 2002

From:
Alexianne Galea <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alexianne Galea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:56:53 +0100
Dear Rainbow friends!

Due to the fact that AEGEE-Valletta was not present to the RM in Torino, we thought that it would be best for us to let you all know what is happening in this wonderful island...
Actually, quite a lot of things so, let's start :

# Freshers' Week -  1st-4th October 2002
AEGEE-Valletta was one of the student organisations on campus represented with an informative stand and open call for new members. In fact, the AEGEE-Valletta family did grow and quite substantially too during that week!

# Erasmus Action Week - 18th-25th October 2002
A week-long academically-related activities which were inaugurated by the Ministry of Education. AEGEE-Valletta held quite some interesting activities such as : an Erasmus Village, a Think-Tank, an Info-Injection Session. Naturally there were both an Official Opening and an Official Closure in which important personalities on the island attended, including the Head of the Delegation of the European Commission to Malta!

# Bloody Sangria Party - 1st November
This was one hell of a party bridging Halloween celebrations and Reddish Sangria in which 350people attended. Yes! 350 people were dancing all night long in our very special seafront venue!

# Local Agora - 6th November
The new Board was elected having :
President : Erika Marie Pace
Vice-President & International Officer : Alexianne Galea
Secretary : Charlene Sciberras
Treasurer : Alistair Zarb
Local Activities : Conrad Chircop
PR & Marketing : Andre' Borg
SU Responsible : Claude Muscat Doublesin
Human Resources : Alistair DeGaetano [Eurostar]
Erasmus Responsible : Pierre Martin

#UniDebate - 15th/16th November
UniDebate: Where are the Borders of Europe? was the main reason why no one from AEGEE-Valletta could attend the RM in Torino. In fact, it was a great event taking place in the National Centre of Creativity in Valletta having Tomek Helbin, Ministry of Education and the Government Representative at the European Convention for our Official Opening. In the debate we had the Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Shadow Minister of Foreign Affairs under the Chairmanship of the Professor of European Affairs in University. This was a great event in which quite interesting proposals emerged...

However, my dear friends, that is not all because AEGEE-Valletta is also :
>> having a weekly RADIO PROGRAMME informing the general public of our organisation
>>  participating in the National Youth Debate on the Future of Europe
>>  being featured in a monthly national magazine as one of the most active students' associations on campus
>>  will be presented in the Generation Europe Summit 2002 in Brussels this December at the European Parliament

AND NATURALLY we are very busy preparing an incredible programme package for our STARRING MALTA 2002 event [Dec 28th - Jan 5th].

As you can all see, AEGEE-Valletta is very much active right now and in fact, you can all feel our presence at Athina since  we will be a delegation of 7 people!!!
Last but not least, on behalf of the AEGEE-Valletta Board, I'd like to INVITE you all to celebrate with us the arrival of 2003 with our fantastic STARRING MALTA event !
                 See you all in Athina!
                                            Alexianne Galea
Alexianne Galea
Vice-President & International Officer