RAINBOW-L Archives

July 2000

From:
Markus Schonherr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Markus Schonherr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 07:58:42 GMT
Dear Alessandro,

thanks for your mail.

You are the third Italian antenna reporting problems with the Italian
Embassy in Bucharest. Apart from you, AEGEE-Napoli, also AEGEE-Torino and
AEGEE-Genova wrote me.

It seems very obvious to me that these difficulties are confined to the
Bucharest embassy, because I did not get any such reports about the Italian
embassies in Kiev or Belgrade. According to the information I have been
getting, this hasn't been the case (in this severity) last year, so
apparently the responsible person at the embassy changed - and is screwing
things up.

Solution: *please* (all of you!) do get in touch with the Italian Ministry
of Foreign Affairs (MFA) in Rome, and find out what can be done about that.
If something does not work in their (the MFA's) area of responsibility, it
is their job to sort it out. I know that it might not be easy to find out
who is responsible, but unless you try, you will never succeed. :-). Bombard
them with your phone calls, please!

Good luck!

Markus.

>From: "AEGEE Napoli" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Markus Schonherr" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: R:      [MISC-REG-L] support the Visa Freedom Fighters! Fwd:
>[VISA-L]             urgent for a             romanian gorl...
>Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:58:45 +0200
>
>Hi Mark
>I'm Alessandro the president of AEGEE Napoli
>
> > Dear AEGEE members in Italy,
> >
> > I received a call for help from AEGEE-Torino, because three of their SU
> > participants from Romania cannot get their visas from the Italian
>Embassy
>in
> > Bucharest on time before the SU starts. This seems to be the fault of
>the
> > Italian Embassy in Bucharest, because they regard AEGEE's invitation as
> > touristic one, and not as an academic one, which means that our fellow
>AEGEE
> > members in Romania are being put into the wrong queue, and would have to
> > wait for their visa until November!!! Not very funny :-(((.
>
>we have the same problem with 2 romanian participant to our SU..if you find
>a solutio fell free to email me please
>
>See ya !
>By Alessandro Noviello
>President of AEGEE Napoli
>proud to be ihgger #154
>a.k.a.  Galock malkavian antitribu
>Diablerie on line >|:-)

Markus Schönherr
Clusiusgasse 6/8
A-1090 Wien/Vienna/Viena/Bécs/Viden/Wenen/Bec/Dunaj/Vienne
Phone ++43-1-315-3823
Mobile/SMS ++43-699-1046-6751
Fax ++1-801-659-5780 (eFax)
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]