RAINBOW-L Archives

January 2002

From:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 02:01:23 +0100
Hi I'm here to make a report of my last NetCom trip.
I was in Napoli for 5 days, thanks again to AEGEE Napoli perfect
organization, and during this time I had a chance to make several things:
1-Meeting with Training Courses organizers
2-Meeting with Board members
3-Meeting with Contact Cosenza
4-Workshops on Tomek issues
5-Meeting with Albanian people

1-Meeting with Training Courses organizers
I could talk with AEGEE Napoli and AEGEE Salerno for the Training Courses
on FR and SU organization scheduled in April (all the Network is invited to
come). Also half of the SUCT was present and I also had some speeches with
them.
This Event will be a cooperation between NetCom, the Academy, and the SUCT
(only for the SU part).

2-Meeting with Board members
I met representants of the AEGEE Bari, Roma, Pavia, Firenze Boards (most of
them were presidents).

3-Meeting with Contact Cosenza
I met also people from Contact Cosenza, they are willing to sign the
Convention as soon as possible also by snail mail. For make such new Locals
living the same motivation moment as it is signing at the Agora plenary
(sometimes this is the first step for being motivated and start to work for
AEGEE) I was thinking to ask the CD and the Chairman if is it possible to
present the new AEGEE Cosenza at the plenary giving them a short speech
time in order to receive the ideal hug of the plenary, and hear the
traditional song.

4-Workshops on european issues
Since there was a QVE Event in Napoli I was asked to make 2 workshops:
-the first was an introduction to the AEGEE Structure (as always...)
-than I tryied to put the issues that Tomek brought to Passau, Laeken
results, enlargement effects towards AEGEE, and also the political role of
the association.
We made a big discussion... 3 hours!
In the end the participants agreed that we need to monitoring the
enlargemnt effects, even from now..., and the 90% f them was really strong
against an active political role of AEGEE, I also presented them the Ankara
proposal of ceating a Policy Commission. On the other way they underline
that a political role of AEGEE has to be stressed only on youth and student
issues, and in all fields connected.
In this way AEGEE has't to connect with political life, but with practical
life.
(I'm sorry Tomek but this part is the same as in your mail)

5-Meeting with Albanian people
At the Event were presents also 3 albanian girls interested in founding an
AEGEE Local in Tirana-Dures (I don't know in english, in italian is Durazzo).
They told me that it'll be easy for them to be in the Rainbow region.
Please Emrah may you tell me the conditions of the Contacts in Albania?

That's all....

Bye bye.