RAINBOW-L Archives

January 2001

From:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:10:15 +0100
Do you want to go to the PM in Katowicze? If yes read below.

>Dear locals,
>
>please distribute this information among your members. It is
>important that everybody is informed about the new PM structure.
>This time do not send the applications from your local collectively.
>Participants have to apply individually, to choose a workshop and
>to answer questions!
>
>Please find more information below:
>
>Dear friends,
>
>I think now is a good time to announce some details about the
>upcoming PM in Katowice (2-4 March 2001). According to the
>new structure of the PM you will apply as individuals and not as
>delegate of your locals. There is no distinction any more
>between delegates, observers and visitors because the PM will
>not take any decisions any more.
>
>This also means that the number of participants per local is not
>restricted any more in advance. However, the total number of
>participants and the number of participants per workshop is
>restricted. This means that a selection committee will select the
>participants that are accepted to take part in the PM after the
>deadline for applications has passed.
>
>The core of the new PM are the workshops. So far we had a lot
>of small workshops, now we will have fewer big workshops.
>Each WS will last for a total of 9 hours each and has to produce
>good-quality results in written form to be presented to the final
>plenary. This means that every participant will attend exactly one
>workshop at the PM! He or she has to sign up for a workshop
>when sending the application. You can specify a 1st choice and a
>2nd choice. The selection committee will assign you to one of
>these workshops taking into consideration an equal distribution
>of attendees to the workshops (max. 25).
>
>In order to choose the workshop you are interested in, we
>provided a short description of each workshop on our webpage.
>Check them out at
>http://www.karl.aegee.org/aeg-web.nsf/Full/Office--PM
>(one line)
>On the same pages you will soon find background information to
>your workshop so that you can prepare in advance. This PM is
>now supposed to be a high-quality think tank meeting and you
>have to be aware of that and prepare yourself according to that!
>
>When you apply you will have to answer 6 questions, a kind of
>motivation letter. Answer carefully because it will be one of the
>crucial selection criteria.
>
>The application period is from now until the 2. February 2001.
>The only method to apply is to use the following webform:
>
>https://www.aegee.uni-karlsruhe.de/~agoraapp/pm0103/ap-
>main.php
>(one line, pay attention: https not http!)
>
>The participation fee will be:
>
>for Western Europeans: 25 Euro
>for CEEC: 20 Euro
>
>AEGEE-Katowice will provide you soon with more information
>on this list.
>If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
>
>Greetings,
> [...]

DAVIDE CALENDA
-Network Commissioner for RAINBOW Region
(Malta/Italy/Slovenia/Croatia/Bosnia-Herzegovina)
-Treasurer and Erasmus Responsible of AEGEE Venezia
-Treasurer Supporting Working Group Bobigosa

Private phone: +39 041 520 92 10
Mobile phone: +39 339 810 97 42

AEGEE EUROPE URL:
http://www.aegee.org