RAINBOW-L Archives

November 2001

From:
aegee udine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
aegee udine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:45:17 +0100
Ciao,

I am glad to inform you all that it is snowing on our mountains, and the
weather forecasters grant that this snow will last until April.
A short but important detail: we will ask partecipants for payment of the
fee in advance.

We got a lot of applications, but also a lot of request of informations.
Let's go with the most frequent ones:
First of all some info about about Sappada...

ALPIN SKI.
A perfectly sized skiing district. First of all for children, with several
skiing schools in sun-filled positions. And runs for the more expert that
reach 2100 meter heights and that are served by 14 ski lifts and 4 chair
lifts. Snow is guaranteed from December to April thanks to a programmed
artificial snow system that covers over 80% of the runs.

The longest and most fascinating cross-country ski run (15 kilometers), used
for world level races, and ice skating rinks, characteristic night clubs,
dance discotheques and, for the unrelenting, even an illuminated ski run for
evening skiing. Plus, in February, one of the most famous and original of
mountain carinvals.

Winter Covered with a mantle of snow, colours glimmer through it as if to
highlight their absence. In winter, landscape, light and snow combine
together to arouse emotions. The snow embodies the mystery and silence of
the landscape, embroiders broken, bare twigs and restores them the original
dark colour of the wood, full of sleeping life under a thin layer of ice. It
highlights the red of dry autumn leaves, evenly spreads the pale sunlight
and moonlight.

NORDIC SKI.

You can meet the true Sappada only in the winter, when intrusive tracks run
through the pinewoods to show you the marvellous beauty that only people who
are ready to sweat a bit can see: glacier cristal, immacoulate shine
brighting throug the frond of the trees.
With you the music of the water that hardly tries to find a way in the ice,
the one of the cold but amusing wind that plays with naked branches and the
galop of some speepest chamoises.

There are three tracks for any convenience, of 5-10-15 km. They all start
and arrive at 1220 mt o.s.l., with a difference, respectively of 40-55-162
metres.

> 1.all the prices writen for equipment rentals and for
> the facilities the village offers are given in EURO?

Yes, the prices are expressed in Euro but take care that you are required to
pay in Italian Lire. 1 Euro is 1936,27 Lit.

> 2.How much would it cost me to get from udine to Piani
> di Luzza and how could I get there?
There are several connections by bus.
The direct ones are at 7.35, 8.15 and
12.45 daily, then there are others, but you have to change in Tolmezzo. We
are going to send another email on the list with all the details. The cost
is Lit. 11.500 (about 6 Euro) for single run.

> 3.How much is do the skiing instalations  cost?

Lit 230.000 (about 118.78 Euros) are asked to European Union citizens, and
Lit. 200.000 (that is equal to 103.84 Euro) is the fee that we require to
people from Central and Eastern European Countries.

IMPORTANT: PAYMENT IN ADVANCE IS REQUIRED!!!!

It includes, FROM 27.12.2001 TO 02.01.2002:
- breakfast (for 7 mornings);
- dinner (self service, for 7 dinners);
- lodging (in room of six beds each, for SIX nights, since in 7 days there
are just 6 nights);
- two entrances in swimming pool;
- one entrance in disco;
- New Year eve's Party;
- transport from Piani di Luzza to ski tracks (and back).

Anything else is NOT included, and particulary we DO NOT include:
- ski pass;
- equipmente rental;
- lunch;
- anything is not scheduled in the program;
- transport to Piani di Luzza (and back to your home);
- personal expenses, souvenirs and so on.

That means that partecipants are expetected to arrive to Piani di Luzza with
their means (own or public means).
Then, partecipants CAN take with them their own equipment, but we gave the
OPTION to rent it there (the prices are written on the web site for your
information).
Finally, it is possibile to skate, slide, and ski, both in nordic and alpin
way. Of course, only alpin skiers need ski pass. They CAN buy at 40.000 Lit.
(about 21 Euros) or they CAN join the special offer we agreed: ski pass FOR
SEVEN
DAYS at 203.000 Lit (104,84 Euros).

> We looked at the map, so can you tell if people are lodged in Udine,
> how long does it take to arrive to Sappada and what is the distance?

We lodge in Piani di Luzza, that is a village 5 km. far from Sappada, in the
mountains.

> Also are all the parties except one organized in Udine?

All the parties are organised in Piani di Luzza or Sappada no one in Udine.

On behalf of Aegee Udine,
Pierluigi.