RAINBOW-L Archives

November 2001

From:
silvia baita <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
silvia baita <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:03:36 +0100
Dear AEGEE people,

    AEGEE-Cagliari is proud and happy to announce for the fourth time its "Socrates Action Day". The conference, with the title"Erasmus: come e perché" (how and why) was held last 6th November in Cagliari in the Faculty of Political Science. Unfortunately it was a bit in advance compared to the "Socrates Action Week", but the date of our Conference had already been decided according with the partecipation of some important speakers.
We are proud of this Event mainly for three reasons:
1)  It's the 4th time we organise such an important Event;
2)  The head of the Erasmus dept. of the Socrates National Agency in Italy was present at our Event to give us her support and experience on the Erasmus Project;
3)  We wanted to give a useful example of how does "Erasmus" work by asking for telling their experience to two students (one, Anna Follese, is from Cagliari and went in 1996 to Spain; the other, Isabel Aguirre, is from Germany and now in Cagliari).

The other speakers were, in order of "appearance":
Dott. Enrico Lai   (Former Vice-Chairman AEGEE-Europe) who talked about AEGEE and our Antenna;
Giovanni Soffietti  (Vice-President AEGEE-Cagliari) who was the Chairman of the Conference;
Carlo Fadda  (Socrates Promoter) who introduced Erasmus and talked about the importance of being involved in such an important project;
Dott.ssa Clara Grano  (Head of Erasmus dept. of the Socrates National Agency   in Italy) who explained to the convenors (more than 100!) how does a Socrates National Agency work, especially in Italy;
Prof. Francesco Floris  (Vice-Rector of the University of Cagliari and Consultant of the European Commission and Council);
Dott.ssa Anna Aloi  (Head of the International Relations Office in Cagliari) who helps every year hundreds of students of our town to gain an Erasmus grant.

It is not exaggerated to say that it was a great success!

Thanks a lot to again to Carlo Fadda, to all the "oldies" of AEGEE-Cagliari and all the members who helped to organise this Conference, especially Francesca Sassu.
Pictures of the SAD 2001 will be available soon.

Silvia Baita
(Aegee Cagliari, SAD 2001 Coordinatoor)

 ============================================================================RAINBOW-L is a regional discussion list of AEGEE. Check out