RAINBOW-L Archives

May 2004

From:
Luca Falcone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Regional List for Malta, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 03:03:52 +0200
RAINBOW REGION  -  APRIL 2004 ACTIVITY REPORT

Hi everybody.
Here you have a report of our work during the last month. Enjoy it.

1.      Quo vadis RM?
2.      Nursery: working with the Contacts signing and with the
Contact-Antennae organizing their first events
3.      Support: fruitful RM at the Agora, Mini-RM and LTC planned
4.      Communication: new SubCommies integration, internal meeting at
the Agora, promotion of the SUs on the web sites

1.      Quo vadis RM?
I’m still working very hard and desperately in searching a place for the
next Regional Meeting: unfortunately it seems practically all of the
locals are busy in April and in May. Anyway I’m not giving up at all,
and together with Alice Traverso Bernini, who is supporting me actively
in this work, we will still search for a place where setting up a great
RM. Candidates???

2.      Nursery: working with the Contacts signing and with the
Contact-Antennae organizing their first events
The Agora in Skopje/Ohrid was a really wonderful success for all of us,
but it was even a very hard work: three Contacts signed (Forlì,
Avellino-Benevento and Chieti-Pescara), and before this exciting moment
we had to work hard with them. But it was a real pleasure: there are
some great people there, people who will have a future in AEGEE, we are
sure! In the meantime till the Agora Silvia Baita supported
AEGEE-Catania in the organization of their first event (now we have to
appoint somebody else for this!!!:) and Sasha Sirca supported and
followed the Contact Gorizia-Nova Gorica in a very delicate and crucial
moment.

3.      Support: fruitful RM at the Agora, Mini-RM and LTC planned
Even if we still don’t find a place for the next Regional Meeting, we
actually can’t complain for meetings: in Ohrid we had a really
successful RM, where we spent time tasting typical food and drinks, but
then even having a fruitful conversation altogether about the last work
in the Region, about the candidates at the Agora and about the future
plans within the Region, with a special mention to the next Agora in
Torino (good luck!!!). In the same time Valentina Lucci is working hard
with the organization of a LTC in Chieti, able to involve AEGEE-Chieti,
AEGEE-Teramo, AEGEE-Modena, AEGEE-Macerata and many other locals all
around the zone, and Alice Traverso Bernini is planning a Mini-RM in
Bobbio (Piacenza) together with AEGEE-Milano. And don’t forget the old
project of a LTC in Croatia: we don’t give up for sure!

4.      Communication: new SubCommies integration, internal meeting at
the Agora, promotion of the SUs on the web sites
Communication means external communication within the Region, and then
connecting the Team with the Region, and internal communication within
the Team, something essential for any organization. About the
relationship with the Region Silvia Baita worked hard in promoting the
SU on some important web site as the Italian “Studenti.it”, and in this
period I’m actively engaged in introducing the new Team and the new
structure of it to all of the “Rainbowists”. About the internal
communication we had a very good and effectively internal meeting
together with new and “old” SubCommies, and we organized the new
structure of the Team and especially planning our work in Bosnia. The
SubCommissioners Vesna Simonovic and Andra Lujic are the ones appointed
to start again a relationship with that weak zone of the Region.

More or less that’s all, folks!

Hugs.

Luca

Luca Falcone