RAINBOW-L Archives

August 2001

From:
Ivana Vukov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ivana Vukov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 07:38:08 -0700
Dear members,

The European Youth Forum is organising the Youth
Policy Forum in
Bulgaria from 3-7 October! It is very important for
AEGEE to have
representatives both from local and international
level there if we wish
to influence the development of the Youth Policy in
SEE.

Please find more information below:
If you are interested to apply please contact:

Ivana
----------------------------------

Dear colleague in the youth field,

The Youth Policy Forum is being organised by the
European Youth Forum in
Bulgaria 3-7 October, in partnership with the Council
of Europe, the
European Commission and UNICEF. The hosting
organisation is the National
Youth Council of Bulgaria (NMS).  The Youth Policy
Forum is made
possible with the fiancial support from the National
Government of
Bulgaria, the European Commission, the Council of
Europe, UNICEF and the

Danish Youth Council.

The objective of the Youth Policy Forum is to
contribute to the
development of national youth policy in countries of
South Eastern
Europe. The only
right way of developing a dynamic youth policy which
addresses the needs
of young people, is to include youth associations in a
wide consultation

process and to involve different governmental sectors
which in some way
or another addresses issues regarding young people.

We therefore invite governments representatives
responsible for youth
issues and youth organisations from South Eastern
Europe to attend the
Youth Policy Forum.  We also invite representatives of
governments,
national youth councils and international youth
organisations >from
other
parts of Europe, as well as representatives of
international
organisations, institutions and foundations involved
in the youth policy
field.

Please find enclosed the draft programme for the
conference.

The registration / application leaflet will be
available on
www.youthforum.org as of July 20. Deadline for
applications are August
27.

- Which countries in the region are invited?

Albania, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Croatia, Cyprus,
Yugoslavia (Serbia,
Montenegro, UN Administrative Province of Kosovo), FYR
Macedonia,
Turkey,
Greece, Slovenia, Romania, Bulgaria, Moldova

- How many people will attend the Youth Policy Forum?

About 150 participants will be at the conference.

- If I come from Norway or Germany or France - can I
participate as
well?

Yes, there is a number of spaces available for Youth
Forum member
organisations outside the SEE region as well. But
participants MUST be
nominated by their national youth councils or
international youth
organisations (MOs). Priority will be given to NGO
applicants who have
(successful?) experience from lobbying government on
youth policy
issues.

- How will we be reimbursed our travel expenses?

Travel expenses will be reimbursed in Bulgaria for
youth NGO
participants and government representatives from South
Eastern European
Countries.
Only cheaperst means of transport is reimbursed.

For participants from Youth Forum member organisations
outside the SEE
region, we cannot promise full reimbursement.
Representatives from
international organisations, foundations and
governments outside the SEE
region are expected to pay their  own travel costs and
accommodation
costs.

- Is there a participation fee?

Yes, there is a participation fee of DM 25 for
representatives of youth
organisations coming from South Eastern Europe.  For
others there is no
fee,
since they will have to cover their own travel
expenses etc.

=====
Ivana Vukov
Vice-President / PR Responsible of AEGEE-Europe
rue Nestor de Tiere 15, B-1030 Bruxelles/Brussel
tel: +32-2-245 23 00, fax: +32-2-245 62 60
E-mail:[log in to unmask]
"In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing,
the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing" T. Roosevelt