RAINBOW-L Archives

March 2000

From:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 20:44:39 CET
Hi everybody,

here comes my report related to my activities as Network Commissioner of the
region including antennae in Italy,Slovenia,Croatia,Bosnia Herzegovina and
Malta.
(all members of Network Commission have to report monthly of their
activities to the Network that's by the statute AEGEEense)

1. Regional Meetings & European School.
First RM was in Ljubljana.
Next one will be in Salerno.First it was planned right after the PM also
inorder to spread SU materials,but there wasn't any application
so it has been postponed to 14-16.04.
Contacts in Bosnia Herzegovina plan to meet in Sarajevo in the end of April.
We have only 8 request to partecipate to the European School by 7 antennae
of the region: Ljubljana,Zagreb,Rijeka,Torino,Ferrara,
Maribor,Pisa (in total there're about 60 applications)

2. Contacts
Matteo Pisano,current pres.of AEGEE-Pisa, is willing to make an antenna in
Alessandria.
All current contacts in Italy,eight,seem to be lost.One of my next task will
be to take care of this situation,that's for sure.
I'm proud of latest developments in Bosnia Herzegovina: in Bania Luka
there're 18 possible unofficial AEGEE members and
the board has been elected since last january: president is Sandra
Marjanovic,I give you her email:
They are planning an event in august; unfortunately couldn't be at the
Presidents meeting to sign the Convention d'Adesion, but they
will be in Utrecht.
In Sarajevo the group is preparing all documents necessary to register
association within AEGEE and in Bosnia Herzegovina,
to promote the SU and the Agora and contact WUS for asking their
support.It's also searching for financial support in order to come to
Utrecht for signing the Convention D'Adesion !
People there liked a lot idea to organise an event next year with
cooperation of other antenne.
In Tuzla there's intention to become a contact antenna,I don't know more at
moment, Davor Abramovic (president of AEGEE-Beograd) will support them.
Their email addresses: [log in to unmask] (Sarajevo),
[log in to unmask] (Tuzla)

3 Projects
AEGEE-Firenze has proposed an exchange to  Sarajevo.
Some antenne (as AEGEE-Rijeka,AEGEE-Zagreb,AEGEE-Beograd,AEGEE-Skopje...
probably some others) are planning to work together for an event in Sarajevo
next year.
A meeting for who's going to cooperate is also planned there next april.
Another cooperation is for the Summer University Winespotting between
Ferrara,Verona,Venezia, and Treviso.
I forgot any other joint project in the region...

4. communication
The regional  list (misc-reg-l) is working well (apart maybe too much cross
mailing with event-l also made by CD).I'll check if all local boards in the
region know about this list and want to be suscribed.
The regional web site (http://digilander.iol.it/AEGEEMISC):
we are going to update calendar very soon but I wonder if this is really
used by the antennae.
My idea is to add with informations like Antennas addresses and hide that
frame with  things like 'howtotravel' (can be misunderstood and I'm sure it
gives a bad idea of AEGEE!)

5. Visits
I was planning to visit Tirana together with Yigit (AEGEE-Istanbul)  but we
couldnt get any reply from AEGEE ex-contacts there ...
Soon I'll meet with Patrizia (pres.of AEGEE-Brescia and secretary of
AEGEE-Academy).
Elisabetta Pompilio (Members Commission) will attend the meeting of
AEGEE-Pisa in order to  support them (it's still a Contact Antenna...)
She's supporting  also new contact in Alessandria.
Davor Abramovic will meet in Sarajevo and Tuzla contacts next week end and
give them also some material about the Summer Universities and Address
Books.

6 Next events...
14-16.04 Regional Meeting AEGEE-Salerno
             http://members.xoom.it/aegee

16-21.04 Euro School    AEGEE-Napoli

19-25.04 (non AEGEE) International Youth Festival in Venezia
         organised by the Italian Esperanto Youth.400 young Europeans are
expcted there and AEGEE has been invited to partecipate.

23.04-1.05 European School  AEGEE-Brescia & AEGEE-Academy
                 http://space.tin.it/arte/rolbordi/aegee/brescia.htm

AEGEE-Split conference:
soon you'll find at www.travel-around.com/webs/aegeesplit/index.html)

AEGEE-Ljubljana 'rafting event'in may
AEGEE-Zagreb planned also some activities in april/may.

If there's any mistake or for what I probably forgot to report,
feel free to add your comments and suggestions to the list.

---

Angela Comand
AEGEE-Europe Network Commission
(Italy,Slovenia,Croatia,Malta,Bosnia Herzegovina)
tel +39 0431 55055/0339-1534013