RAINBOW-L Archives

February 2004

From:
Luca Falcone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Regional List for Malta, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:55:54 +0100
My dear friends,

this is a very important e-mail for me.

As you know at the moment and since more then one year I'm working as
Network Commissioner of this Region. But maybe not so many people at
this time know in the past, before the last Agora in Athina, I have been
SubCommissioner of the "Rainbow" Team.
Before that wonderful (generally everybody has a great memory of that
really great and well organized event) Davide Calenda was the NetCommie,
and we were an enthusiastic team supporting his work. Besides me in that
group there were people as Sasha Sirca (but fortunately she's still
actively there!), Nicola Rega, Amedeo Ferrara, Francesca Fedrizzi,
Fabrizio Fantini, Tamara Novak, Chiaretta Benetazzo, Angela Comand,
Mladen Sucur, Giulietta Banzi.
Believe me: that was a marvellous group! We worked a lot together and
now we are still close friends.

In AEGEE nothing can be really done without a great, strong group,
friends. In that time as well as now!

Even today there's a "Rainbow" Team working for AEGEE and for our
Region. And even this one is a great group: Alberto Russo, Alice
Traverso Bernini, Anita Duvnjak, Giselle Spiteri Miggiani, Sasha Sirca,
Silvia Baita, Valentina Lucci, Vesna Simonovic.
And this team is really lucky cause even something else, currently
overloaded of work in other bodies, is still in close contact and is
always disposed to give us a good suggestion or a pragmatic support with
all their experience: friends as Nicola, Francesca, Amedeo, Davide,
Fabrizio.

Working in the Network Commission is always working with people and for
people. And those people is the AEGEE people, then a group we already
know and like, and a group we are always glad to spend wonderful time
together with.

But now the Rainbow Team needs you!

We are searching for some new colleagues.
We are searching people enthusiastic for AEGEE and ready to support
AEGEE in our Region.

The big goals of a SubCommie (as well as a NetCommie!) :

1) Supporting the development and the activities of the locals of the
Region.
2) Motivating new people to join the European level of our association.

Don't forget: joining the Rainbow Team you are already joining the
European level, cause you start to work in the Network Commission. It's
a very exciting new experience if you love AEGEE, and a great way for
enlarging your vision of the association and for feeling much more
involved.

What are the requirements and the competences of a SubCommie? That's a
typical question, and I like to answer telling that he/she must be able
to speak with people, able to communicate enthusiasm and strength, to
involve the interlocutors. This is for sure the most important point! If
you are enthusiastic, communicative and helpful you're already a great
SubCommie!

At the moment, these are the general guidelines of our work:

- Development of the communication in the Region through all of the
means (mailing list, website, informal meetings, online forums etc.)
- Support to the locals in administration, PR and FR
- Support to the co-operation among the locals (not only of the locals
inside the Region, but even the inter-regional co-operation!)
- Support to the new locals specifically since the moment of the
foundation to the upgrading to the status of "Antenna"
- Support to some specific zone of the Region, first of all
Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia and Montenegro
- Internal Education support to the locals
- PR campaign within the Region, especially about Statutory and Internal
Education events, but even about events organized by locals needing
support
- Promotion and support of projects involving "Rainbow" locals
- Promotion of a general forum about the innovation, about new ideas and
new ways to work in AEGEE

If you like the idea to be involve in one or more of these actions, if
you like the idea to work for you Region and then for AEGEE... just fill
in this short form and send it to the e-mail address

Name: ____________________________________________________

Surname: _________________________________________________

Citizenship: _____________________________________________

Address: _________________________________________________

City: ____________________________________________________

Country: _________________________________________________

E-mail address: __________________________________________

Date of birth: ___________________________________________

Year of the first inscription to AEGEE: __________________

Background in AEGEE: _____________________________________

Languages: _______________________________________________

Special skills: __________________________________________

Motivation letter: _______________________________________

Dear friends, don't be afraid if you are not so "old" in AEGEE, or if
you don't speak twenty languages (me neither!!!): don't be shy! Send us
your application!!!
And don't be afraid if in your local there's even already another
SubCommie! There's really space for everybody!!! Send us your
application!!!

The indicative deadline is Monday, the 1st of March, but don't worry!
You will be always in time if you want to candidate yourself! This is
not a bureaucratic institution! This is first of all a group of friends
linked altogether by our great AEGEE!

I will be waiting for you!!!

See you!

Luca