RAINBOW-L Archives

December 2000

From:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 22:21:41 +0100
Hey hey !

Check out the prices and the deadline: 28th of February 2001!

1st Prize
One Global INTERRAIL ticket and free participation at the Conference in
Cluj-Napoca (RO) 28.4. - 2.5.2001.

2nd Prize
Free participation in the Summer University of Athena

3rd - 10th Prize
Enciclopedia Britannica on CD-Rom -de lux edition. Valuable book prizes from
our partner Penguin

Special Category Award (Internet topic)
Free participation(tuition fee worth 533 Euro) in the European Internet
Seminar,in Summer 2001 in Amsterdam .

AEGEE asks you to express your views and expectations on the topic of
European enlargement in an essay (maximum 600 words).
We want to know your opinion ! Tell what's your experience, be personal,
creative, write whatever you like about one of the following topics:

- Your Vision of a Borderless Europe

- How to overcome Borders in Europe? (possible topics to be discussed:
Politics, Economy, Society and Culture)

- "Mr. President, distinguished members of the European Parliament(…)"
prepare a speech on the obstacles to the free movement of students, workers
or citizens in general, to be delivered at the session of the European
Parliament.

- How can Internet contribute to the creation of a borderless Europe ?

Borderless Europe project is an awareness raising campaign targeted to young
people in Europe.
The aims are to involve them in discussion and reflection on what has been
achieved so far in the process of European integration and what still needs
to be done in the human dimension. .
Main issues are free movement of people and citizens' rights, migration
policies and visa regulations, programmes promoting mobility of students and
young people...more than this we want to identify and remove the obstacles
of mobilty, asking ourselves how open-minded and tolerant towards other
cultures and societies we actually are, if we want to create the true Europe
without borders...

For more information don't hesitate to contact Voichita
([log in to unmask]) or visit the web pages
www.aegee.org/borderlesseurope/essay

Angela Comand

Szatymazi u. 16/5
H-6723 Szeged, Hungary (fino al 06.2001)
Tel: ++36-62-465 953   mobile: ++39-(0)339 1534013