RAINBOW-L Archives

May 2002

From:
Cucumber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 20:32:59 +0200
Re-vitalizing a list is already something for a provocative message!
I didn't know so many people were subscribed to rainbow-l, Gunnar,
Markella, and all the oldies and newbies make this a strong list for a
strong region.

So many people followed-up my email about motivation and lobbying that
it is impossible to quote personally not to bore the others here;
firstly thanks to Luca, Enrico and the others who named me a "very
motivated person" and Termoli as one of the best presentations during
the Agora.

About lobbying allow me to speak a few more words, after looking
carefully at the reactions this magic word created.
Yes, I am in favour of lobbying, yes I think it is a good thing! So,
did I get crazy?

My words were maybe over-emotional in that moment, but cold-blooded now
it is time to read through it again. Since I think all of this is due
to the extra-tensed way that people are creating alliances and secret
pacts to defend each other. This is a bad thing, and I agree it needs
to be fought!

What I express with "lobbying" is a sane concept, no secret, no
masonry. Working together and cooperating! Speaking with each other,
meeting, feeling compact and working out the present conflicts! I
strongly believe that people from Spain and Italy, especially from the
South, have much much more to say than they do now.
Only we need to "free the energies"! Give the people a platform to
discuss their ideas and to see that they are not alone, as we are many
who would like to "do something more" for Aegee!

Just one more paragraph to go. We have some unsolved conflicts at the
moment, as I see that Chiara did not really appreciate my way to
express things. Southern Italians are very different from Northern
Italians; in every event I have been I heard some italians to specify
their origin from south or north... and indeed for me it is perfectly
normal to shout loud "as in the ill-working italian parliament" my
ideas in an emotional way, thing that maybe Chiara would never do. But
it is just a matter understanding each other, never we begin never we
get somewhere!

I feel that we need first to look inside ourselves and see what is not
effective in our way to work in Aegee on the European Level. Let me say
that I believe Luca was a perfect candidate for JC and I sincerely ask
to myself why he didn't find a way to it. Maybe he could have
contributed to that difficult situation in a more effective way? Yes,
we shout out loud, but we also know how to work hard when it is needed.
I hope Luca agrees!

It is only after we understand what keeps us from forming a body with
at least some common ideas and denominator that we can look outside for
recognition. I would like to see Italy contribute more! And Spain!
We can not only enter some existent body, but also contribute to the
discussion about the reforms... I don't want to campaign only for
position, but also make our voice be heard when it is time for making
the important decisions. This does NOT happen now! Look at Davide's
proposal about transparency, it is very good but obviously something
did not work out fine. What, why?
Is it just that we are shorter and less fluent in English than northern
europeans? (As I notice here in Sweden?) Or that we have less capacity
to tie up together into a common voice?

This is my idea of lobbying, and I am sorry if this hurts someone or
awoke phantoms of secret organizations or P2. I am sure that Davide's
work with a big team of subcommissioners was a good start, maybe now it
is time to look for further improvements...
well, I hope I made myself clear without over-emotional ´biases this
time, and I really wait for the ideas of rainbowists after reading such
a long e-mail
Your President of Aegee-Termoli
Fabrizio Fantini

PS Let me finish with the shit :) Ok, I used a hard word for it, but I
expected the signing of the Convention d'Adhesion to be for my 10
friends hardly persuaded to pay the trip to Amsterdam, to be an
unforgettable moment to mark their first step in Aegee. Can I say that
this moment was awful?
20 locals ready to sign... tension in the air with Matina and Dijan
sitting in the first row crying and sobbing. The CD was not singing for
the signing (word-game)... I was almost the only one with Pepijn to
know the whole song and singing from the front stage, plus some one
from the public. It was lousy!!!! Again, sorry, of course the
word "shit" was quite strong, as they were the emotions all the
presents felt in Amsterdam :)

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Vorresti trasformare il tuo salotto in un cinema?
Amplificatore Yamaha RX V520: stupendo. E' in offerta su Bow.it!

Clicca qui: http://adv2.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=402&d=12-5