RAINBOW-L Archives

April 2004

From:
Silvia Baita <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Regional List for Malta, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 22:22:58 +0200
Dear Rainbow Friends,

The integration of disabled people in AEGEE is more and more catching
the attention of AEGEE members: this is the reason why after the WS
held at the Agora in Zaragoza and the one at the PM in Wroclaw it is
important to see how far AEGEE has gone as for the issue.

We all want disabled to be integrated in AEGEE, but still there are a
few and we are not doing enough to attract them. What should we do?
How?

At the same time AEGEE members lack of information and education on
the matter, and this is very important, since it's the key of the
future development of the topic. People need to be informed and
educated before they feel the motivation to work seriously on the
matter.

We would like to start the WS by seeing how far we have got with the
work and then seeing where and how we can improve.

Furthermore we would like to find people interested in joining the
Project Team: this topic needs people with an high motivation to work
on it, experienced people who aim at letting a lot of disabled join
and enjoy our Association.

So join us on FRIDAY 23RD APRIL at 14:30 for HRWG (Human Rights Working
Group)'s workshop on the topic. It is being led by Alistair de Gaetano,
HRWG Speaker, as well as me, since I have been involved in the area
as from the very start, both as regards SUs and Disability, in the
initiative with SUCT to endeavour to make SUs more disability-friendly as
from this year, as well as through the workshop I co-led with Fabrizio
Fantini in Wroclaw, where the idea of the project was further expanded,
and the Internal Education element also introduced.

See you there! ;)

Silvia Baita