RAINBOW-L Archives

December 2006

From:
AEGEE-Trieste <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AEGEE-Trieste <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:08:50 +0100
Dear crazy Culture Lovers,

today officially starts the first part of the CWG project that will
reach its climax with the spring event organised by AEGEE-Trieste & CWG:

"Poetry and Youth: your key to hope"

This project is spilt in two important parts:

- the first one is a direct call to your heart and sensibility, to
your will of express your thought through the language of the soul.
Following the theme "frontiers: ...that divide, that join, real or metaphoric"
you could write a poem and send it, as explained in the attachement,
to actively participate to the International Poetry Competition
"Castello di Duino".

- the second part, the event, will take place in Trieste and Duino
during the weekend 23-25 of March.
There, the winners, University students and AEGEE participants will
have chance to meet, read and breath poetry and reflect around the
theme of the event and, of course, to visit Trieste and its magic
surroundings and have fun together. ;-)))
(soon more details...)

So, dear poets, don't be afraid to discover the tender part of your
soul and to share it with us!
This is your chance to live AEGEE spirit in a new, bright way!

"Culture is this opportunity
To share the different colours of our soul.
And after all, you are surprised to discover that
your soul is become a Rainbow."

Your friendly neighbourhood
CWG member.

Flavio

international poetry competition ?Castello di Duino?
Third Edition
promoted by ?Poesia e Solidarietà? in collaboration
with United World College of Adriatic (Duino-Trieste)
under the Patronage of the Prince Carlo Alessandro della Torre e Tasso

   The competition
The International Poetry Prize "Castello di Duino", has been conceived
and is organized by Gabriella and Ottavio Gruber; the Edition 2007 has
been promoted by the Volunteer Association "Poesia e Solidarietà"with
the same goals and form of the previous Competition "Castello di
Duino" promoted in the years 2005 and 2006 by the Association Club
Zyp; The prize is organized under the patronage of the Prince Carlo
Alessandro della Torre e Tasso (Castello di Duino- Trieste Italia), in
collaboration with the United World College of Adriatic (UWC) of Duino
and the Publishing House Ibskos di A. Risolo;  is open to young people
of the world under 30 years of age. Participation is free. The jury is
composed by poets and literary experts with different linguistic
competences. The poems will be evaluated, as much as possible, in the
mother tongue of the authors. The poems of the winners and a selection
of the best poems will be published by Ibiskos Editrice di A. Risolo (
Empoly- Italy ) in Italian and English version, and recorded on CD in
their original languages. The poets, whose poem is not published in
the book, may ask for publishing it in the Website's page "Poems &
Comments".  800 young poets partecipated in the Second Edition of the
Competition from 70 countries. The competition aims at  joining Poetry
with Solidarity and supports from year to year different humanitarian
goals; thanks to the Ibiskos Publishing House of A. Risolo the profits
of the book of the winners and selected poets will be given to the
Foundation Lucehtta-Ota-D'Angelo-Hrovatin (www.fondazioneluchetta.org)
for children war victims.

Edition 2007 -Deadline January 31
Prize-giving ceremony: 2007, March 25

Rules of participation:

Ø      The competition is open to young people under 30 years of age.
Ø      The participation is free.
Ø      Participants have to send only one unpublished , never prized
poem (maximum 50 lines).
Ø      The general theme of the Edition 2007 is:

Frontiers
(...that divide, that join, real or metaphoric frontiers ....

Ø      Poems will be accepted in the mother tongue of the authors. A
translation into English and /or Italian is required.
Ø      A jury composed by poets and literary critics with different
linguistic competences will evaluate the poems as much as possible in
their original language.
Ø      Poems must arrive before : 2007 January 31

a)      preferably by E-Mail (E-Mail to [log in to unmask]).

Please, send the complete Application Form (see below) in the message
and  the poem attached to the message in Format Word or rft.

b)      or by regular mail  to Prof. Gabriella Valera Gruber, Via
Matteotti 21, 34138, Trieste ( Italy ).
As far as the deadline is concerned, we will take into consideration
the postmark, but no poem will be taken into consideration, which
arrives after the jury has started its evaluation process (soon after
the deadline)

In both cases the competitors must insert their anagraphic data and
statements in the following application form.

Application Form

Name
Surname
Birth Date
Nationality
Address
City
Country
Phone
E-Mail
Title of the poem

Statements:
I declare that the poem?. (Title)?.is my original work, has never been
prized and is unpublished.
I give my permission to its possible publication and presentation to
the general audience
I declare that I have not / I have (please choose one or the other
option) subscribed to SIAE nor to any other similar Societies, which
protect copyrights.

Ø      Poems will be delivered to the jury without the authors? names
in order to guarantee an  equitable evaluation.

Prizes:
Ø      The jury will designate three winners and reserves the right of
selecting other poems of special worth. The three winners will be
awarded a prize of ? 500 each.
Ø      In accordance with the aim of the competition to combine
solidarity and poetry, the winners will choose a humanitarian cause
(possibly in their own country) to which they will devote a part of
the prize (?200).
Ø      The prize-giving ceremony will take place on March 26, 2006
(international day of poetry patronized by UNESCO) in the Castle of
Duino .
Ø      The poems of the winners and a selection of the best poems will
be published by   ?Ibiskos Editrice di Antonietta Risolo? ( Empoli ,
Italy ) (Sponsor of the Competition), hopefully in both the  Italian
and English version together with a CD in the original languages.
Ø      The proceeds of the sales will be devoted to
Luchetta-Ota-D?Angelo-Hrovatin Foundation for children war victims
(www.fondazioneluchetta.org ).
Ø      The participation in the competition implies the acceptance of
all the rules and regulations specified in the present announcement.
Ø      The list of the winners and noteworthy poets will be published
in the website of the Competition: www.castellodiduinopoesia.it .
Ø      the winners will be notified of the results by email, telephone
or  post.

The jury reserves the right to signal some poems of special worth of
the competitors under 16 years of age, who have not been inserted in
the number of the noteworthy poets by the first general selection.

The poems, which do not win and are not selected may be published in
the webpage ?archive? of the website after the prize-giving day if the
authors agree and wish.

Ø      The participants hereby consent to the processing of their
personal data both for the purposes of running the competition and for
publishing communication in conformity with the law n. 675/96 and can
request at any time to have their details wiped from our electronic
database.

Experts with different linguistic competences will be invited.
--
A-TEAM
(AEGEE-Trieste Extremely Amazing Members)