RAINBOW-L Archives

February 2001

From:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:02:49 +0100
CIAO AEGEEists !

" I just wanted to say: 'Thank you !' to all the organisers, staff people
and participants, that made this ES possible' It was the  BEST  event I ever
had..."
(Cornelia)

" ES Enschede changed my life totally and being back in Innsbruck I cannot
cope with it anymore ! "
(Michael, participant of European School)

" I miss you all a lot ! It's sad to be in daily routine again, without your
smiling faces ! I enjoyed so much working and partying with you !! "
(Janna, ES-Enschede)

YOU WERE NOT THERE TO EXPERIENCE WHAT A EUROPEAN SCHOOL IS ALL ABOUT...

BUT STILL YOU CAN !!!

APPLY NOW !!!

EUROPEAN SCHOOL - SZEGED -  11-18.03.2001

You'll learn:

- Presentation techniques
- Public Relations and Fund Raising basics
- Management of Human Resources (team building, managing a board)
- Project Management
- Information Technology
- Organising a European event, a conference, from developing an idea to the
follow up of the event: that's what you are going to experience in Szeged,
included
- Fund raising interviews - how to raise money for your event successfully !
- Team Work
- AEGEE SPIRIT !

Socializing...
How do you imagine four days filled with raki/ paella+sangria/belly
dances/Hungarian dances/flamenco dances/movie projection/latin party/Turkish
party/dutch traditions.... ?
To conclude there's a two-day excursion to Budapest!

The fee is 65 Euro (EU) / 55 Euro (CEEC)
Lodging will be in a student dormitory.
3 meals and a very European social program - all included!!!
Send your application to [log in to unmask]

More to come...

Angela -  AEGEE-Szeged/Udine

Program

Sunday 11th of March   WELCOME DAY

all day Arrival participants /staff
11:00-24:00     Registration
19:30   Dinner
        Welcome Party

Monday 12th of March    ANTENNA DAY

09:00   Breakfast
09:30   Opening speech + welcome words
09:45   Teambuilding game
10:00   Intro round: Discussion on aims and expectations
11:00   L1: Running an antenna
11:30   L2: General presentation techniques
12:00   Case presentation
12:15   Working in a team - activity
13:30   Lunch break
14:45   Case work
18:00   Intro to AEGEE, structure and history- presentation also for Szeged
students
19:00   Lecture and discussion- external speaker
20:00   Dinner
21:00   Dutch evening- food, cheese, beers, music

Tuesday EVENT PLANNING DAY

09:00   Breakfast
09:30   Antenna presentation A/B/C
10:00   L3: Event types, Yearplan, European projects
10:30   L4: Event organisation versus project management (with examples)
11:00   Coffee break
11:15   L5: Budgeting
12:00   L6: Fund-raising basics
12:30   L7: Writing letters to sponsors & speakers
13:00   Case work
14:00   Lunch break
15:00   Case work
18:30   Turkish dinner
19:30   Raki tasting, Turkish delights, music, belly-dancing

Wednesday       FUND-RAISING / EUROPE DAY

09:00   Breakfast
09:30   Antenna presentation D/E/F
10:00   L8: FR Interview techniques
10:45   Case work:  Fund-raising interviews (video-taped)
14:00   Lunch
15:00   L9: AEGEE structure & bodies: NetCom, WGs etc.
15:30   L10: CD life and work in Brussels
16:00   Coffee break
16:15   Feedback round
16:30   L11:European Institutions
17:00   L12:IT in AEGEE / Staff meeting
18:05   Spanish film
20:00   Spanish dinner: paella + sangria
22:00   Latin party, flamenco dancing (until late:)

Thursday        FR+FREE DAY

09:00   Breakfast
10-12:00        Joining the holiday celebrations around the town, sightseeing
12:30   Lunch
13:15   Antenna presentations G/H/I
13:45   Case work
15:15   Coffee break
15:30   "L13": Analysing fund-raising interviews
16:30   Feedback round
16:50   Negotiation game
19:00   Hungarian Evening with dinner, music etc.

Friday  PR DAY

09:00   Breakfast
09:30   Antenna presentations K/L/M
10:00   L14: PR in general: aims, target groups, media
10:30   L15: Local PR (featuring: event promotion)
11:00   Coffee break
11:15   L16: Writing press releases
11:45   L17: Making PR materials like posters and flyers
12:15   L18: Making web pages
13:00   Case work
14:00   Lunch
15:00   Case work
19:00   Feedback round
19:30   Dinner
21:30   Neverending stories evening

Saturday        LOGISTICS DAY

09:00   Breakfast
09:30   Antenna presentation N/O/P
10:00   L19: Event management: dealing with participants
10:30   L20: Event management: staff people coordination
11:00   Coffee break
11:15   L21: Follow-up of events
12:00   L22: Local activities, continuity on local level
12:30   L23: Preparing for an Agora (reports, discussion, Agora presentations)
13:00   Case work
14:00   Lunch
15:00   Case work
19:30   Closure & dinner
22:00   European Night/ St. Patrick's Day/ Magda's birthday :)

Sunday  AGORA

09:30   Breakfast
10:00   Case work
11:00   Agora
13:00   Lunch
13:30   Final discussion
15:00   Diploma
17:20   Departure to Budapest
21:00   welcome by AEGEE-Budapest, dinner, BP by night

Monday 19th of March  DEPARTURE DAY

10-16:00        sightseeing in Budapest, visit to the Parliament, departures

APPLICATION FORM:
1. Name:
2. Antenna/Other Body:
3. E-mail:
4. Telephone & Fax:
5. Address:
6. Studies:
7. Visa needed?
(if yes, please tell your passport no, date and place of birth)
8. Sex:
9. Vegetarian?
10. Level of English:
11. AEGEE member since:
12. Are you board member in your antenna?
13. Are you in the organisation team of an event?
14. Any other remarks?
15. Motivation Letter:
16: Are you planning to join for the trip to Budapest after ES?