RAINBOW-L Archives

July 2000

From:
Markus Schonherr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Markus Schonherr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 07:32:44 GMT
Dear AEGEE members in Italy,

I received a call for help from AEGEE-Torino, because three of their SU
participants from Romania cannot get their visas from the Italian Embassy in
Bucharest on time before the SU starts. This seems to be the fault of the
Italian Embassy in Bucharest, because they regard AEGEE's invitation as a
touristic one, and not as an academic one, which means that our fellow AEGEE
members in Romania are being put into the wrong queue, and would have to
wait for their visa until November!!! Not very funny :-(((.

I know that somebody tries to co-ordinate all the AEGEE visa applications
from Italy. I wrote him an email, asking to forward some information to
AEGEE-Europe's Visa Freedom Fighters (an official AEGEE-Europe Support WG
for visa problems), but I did not get any reply at all. Too bad :-(((. In
order for us, the VFF, to provide a good service to all AEGEE members, not
only those who go to SUs in Germany, the Netherlands and Austria (countries
about which we have good knowledge), we do need more support from our
Italian members. We have to know more about the visa application procedure,
which authority is in charge of what, who can be asked or whose ass must be
kicked in your country's bureaucracy if something gets delayed or is being
screwed up.

If AEGEE antennae in Italy want participants for their SUs from ALL over
Europe, not just from the West, but also from Romania, the Ukraine,
Yugoslavia or Turkey, we all (= Italian antennae and the VFF) have to know
more about Italy's visa process. This is a vital necessity! The governments
of the European Union are tightening up borders every more vigorously, and
it is us, AEGEE, who are fighting this development.

Please do help us! Join the Visa Freedom Fighters!

Grazie!

Regards, Markus.
Speaker Visa Freedom Fighters
(Support WG of AEGEE-Europe)

>From: Filip Diana <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: [VISA-L] urgent for a romanian gorl...
>Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 08:31:19 -0700
>
>Dear VFF,
>
>I am Diana from Cluj-Napoca.
>I have a lot of problems with the Italian Embassy from
>Bucharest, as Elisabeta already told you: the Italian
>Embassy doesn't give any Viza immediately... This is a
>big problem for us because we have a lot of people who
>were accepted in SU in Italy and they can not obtain a
>Viza.
>
>My suggestion is that somebody from Italy ( an
>important person from the Afairs Ministry ) to send
>an oficial Invitation to the Italian Embassy from
>Bucharest with the explination that is an Academic
>Invitation not a turistic one and that we realy need
>it immediately.
>
>I have already sent a fax from Cluj-Napoca, explaining
>them why we need the Viza, but it seems that they
>didn't take in consideration that.
>
>So please try to help us. If we can not solve the
>problem with the Italian Emmbasy we can try at other
>Emmbasy for a schengen  Viza, but we need the
>Invitations from that locals who can help us.
>
>Thank you, :-)
>Diana

>http://im.yahoo.com/

Markus Schönherr
Clusiusgasse 6/8
A-1090 Wien/Vienna/Viena/Bécs/Viden/Wenen/Bec/Dunaj/Vienne
Phone ++43-1-315-3823
Mobile/SMS ++43-699-1046-6751
Fax ++1-801-659-5780 (eFax)
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]