RAINBOW-L Archives

July 2000

From:
Markus Schonherr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Markus Schonherr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:59:26 GMT
Dear Angela, dear VFF,

thanks for subscribing to visa-l. :-)

>I read now the news :((
>I also sadly read from a SU organiser for example saying: 'ok call once
>more Bucharest then let's take another partecipant from the waiting
>list'...
>it sounds a bit like 'f.... the Romanian partecipants and forget about
>them', unfortunately... isn't it ??

This is just so bad! I don't want to blaim this mess entirely on the SU
organisers or on the participants, but obviously, there has not been enough
knowledge about the visa application process, and not enough communication
with the embassies involved. These problems might have been avoided if SU
organisers had known more about these matters! (Mind you: I wrote "might",
not "would"!)

>All the members of Italian antennae with the Visa Freedom WG have to do
>something about this problem !!!
>How will we do for example for the AGORA in UDINE if we don't convince them
>???

Here we go: if we do not sort out this mess with the Italian Embassy in
Bucharest, we will have a huge discussion at the Agora! And it will probably
not be very pleasant :-(. Pan-European solidarity within AEGEE is at stake!
We have had this discussion back in spring on aegee-l, but apparently the
lessons have not been learnt. :-(

>Now today it's too late but tomorrow I will call with Calin (CD) the public
>relations office of the Foreign Minister in Roma and embassy in Bucharest.

Thank you very much Angela for taking charge :-). I hope that you will be
successful!

>Or also somebody from Roma could contact them more directly going to the
>place (Farnesina).
>Do you think it's good if every Antenna start bombarding them with requests
>?

Well, it should be somehow co-ordinated. And very important: always be
polite!!!!!!!!!

>Then what else: try to follow the procedure described by Alberto,
>try to obtain the Schengen visa through other locals ...

Last resort...

>>I know that somebody tries to co-ordinate all the AEGEE visa >applications
>>from Italy. I wrote him an email, asking to forward some information >to
>>AEGEE-Europe's Visa Freedom Fighters (an official AEGEE-Europe >Support WG
>>for visa problems), but I did not get any reply at all. >Too bad :-(((.
>please Marcus could you tell me who exactly ??

I think I was mislead by an email from AEGEE-Ferrara forward by someone from
AEGEE-Kyiv. The person mentioned in the email seems to be co-ordinating only
the visas for the SU in Ferrara, not all of Italy. Nonetheless, the person
could have answered to my email, which he did not, so I don't think we would
be able to rely on him :-(.

Thanks for your help, Angela!

Ciao, Markus.

Markus Schönherr
Clusiusgasse 6/8
A-1090 Wien/Vienna/Viena/Bécs/Viden/Wenen/Bec/Dunaj/Vienne
Phone ++43-1-315-3823
Mobile/SMS ++43-699-1046-6751
Fax ++1-801-659-5780 (eFax)
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]