RAINBOW-L Archives

May 2002

From:
Carletto Fadda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carletto Fadda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 22:25:12 +0200
Hi all,
I would like to catch the moment after this new "constructive" mail of Fabrizio.
He is completely right when he is talking about lobbing in the rest of
AEGEE: how many times we said that some CD member has been elected by the lobbing of ........... ?
These dots are names, or regions or (sometimes unfortunally) "National levels".
Even people scandalized now, in this list, contributed a lot (even in Amsterdam)
in this kind of lobbing...
Yes G, I am talking about it!
I am glad to admit that this exist, that some new antennas, some new member not expert ask "suggestions" to AEGEE oldies... Do we have a dictionary to
check the normal acception of the word lobbing?
It means agreements coming from several multipersonal speaches, exchange of ideas,
and in a way that everybody can see.
I also was sceptic when I read the 1st mail from Fabrizio, but now he explained,
and I really agree with him.

AEGEE is divided in 10 regions, because we are not all the same.
There are really several visions of thinking about student organizations in Europe.
Netherlands are so powerful for the simple fact that the 90% of Duch students
are subscribed to an a student organization, whatever it is (AEGEE, ELSA, sport
associations, ESIB...).
We are different, since ever Italians, Malteses, Croatians, Slovenians have been a
"small part" of AEGEE.
Few people per antenna, few antennas, without the WILL to stand the flag
of a different way of joining an association.
Gunner, you as Markella and other "guests" of this list, know that several times
I have been blaming this "Italian Vision" of AEGEE.
Now I have to THANK people like Chiara, Fabrizio. Luca,
coordinated by a WONDERFUL Davide Calenda to have built a different RAINBOW
region, in wich people is attending ESs, is talking about AEGEE problems during
the Statutory meetings, is building proposals.

Is it lobbing? Yes !

After what I saw we will never have a proposal for wich at least a CD member should
come from RAIMBOW Region, we will never see People from our region destroying
the work of bodies of AEGEE Europe (as some other regions decided to do
too many times); we simply will see all around Europe more people confronting
a vision that won't be as in the past ( Summer University, girl hunting, alchool...).

Raimbow people now is responsible, prepared and ready to enter AEGEE with
responsabilities.

Few years ago Raimbow (it still was MISC) was seen by the network as Davide,
Enrico, Pietro, Ernesto, Gavino, Mauro, Sergio, Marco, Angie, Corinne etc., not
a group of locals on wich to trust.

Actually I am stinky, because I am still wearing Rainbow T-shirt, too often. but I
do it because I am Proud to belong to a region in wich finally I see a group
of prepared people ready to give a BIG contribution to the entire AEGEE.

I just want to conclude telling once more that AEGEE just got the fortune not
to loose a person like Davide, as the main actor of this "educating Rainbow" process.

On seven colours,
Carletto

P.S. Please somebody should send me other T-shirts, or I you will feel my
stinkyness from there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.P.S. Sorry for using HTML language, but after what saw in Amsterdam I am really proud

 ============================================================================RAINBOW-L is a regional discussion list of AEGEE. Check out