RAINBOW-L Archives

May 2000

From:
Michal Pesta <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michal Pesta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 18:52:50 +0530
Ciao, Zdravo, Good Morning !

THERE ARE STILL PLACES AVAILABLE FOR OUR
CONFERENCE IN THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT !!!

The deadline for sending applications has been postponed till 30th
of May ! ! !

The Conference in the European Parliament !

                " THE EUROPE OF 15 + "

There are still a few available places and therefore we decided to
postpone the daedline for sending the applications for one week !

The conference will take place in Brussels, 8-9 June 2000

Below you will find the provisional* participation fees. Lodging (in
youth hostels) on the 7th and 8th of June, plus breakfast and lunch
on the 8th and 9th of June, will be provided.

40 Euro: EU, EEA, EE, LT, LV, CZ, HU, HR, PL, SI, SK, CY, M,
TR
30 Euro: AL, BG, BiH, BLR, MK, RO, RUS, UA

An additional night on Friday, 9th June 2000, will cost 15
Euro/person.

Here You can find the application form which is supposed to be
sent to the following address: [log in to unmask]

APPLICATION FORM

Conference "The Europe of 15+"
Brussels, 8-9 June 2000

Name:
Surname:
Antenna:
Studies:
Address:
Phone:
Fax:
E-mail:
Date and Place of Birth:
Nationality:
Passport No:
Visa needed:       Yes [ ]        No [ ]

Date of arrival:
Date of departure:

Motivation:
(no longer than 10 lines)

------------

And for these ones who would be interested in the programma of
the conference:...

PROGRAMME

Thursday, 8th June 2000

9:30 Opening Session
* Address by Mrs Nicole Fontaine, President of the European
Parliament
(invited)
* Address by HE Mr Vasco Valente, Ambassador, Head of the
Permanent
Representation of Portugal to the European Union (invited)
* Address by Mr Jan Truszczyński, Ambassador, Head of the
Mission of
Poland to the European Union
* Lecture "EU Enlargement ? A Historic Opportunity"
11:00 Coffee Break
11:30 Session I: The Nature of the New Border
* Lecture "Mobility and Migration in Europe ? Trends and
Prospects"
* Lecture "Managing the New Eastern Border"
12:30 Lunch
14:00 Session I: The Nature of the New Border (continued)
* Presentation of opinion paper by AEGEE
* Discussion "Building a Bigger Fortress Europe?"
15:00 Coffee Break
15:30 Session II: Mobility of Young People
* Lecture "Strenghtening European Citizenship through Mobility
and
Intercultural Learning "
* Presentation of opinion paper by AEGEE
* Discussion "Young People's Europe: A Future without Frontiers?"
17:15 Coffee Break
17:45 Closing Session
* Presentation of results
* Address by Mr Günther Verheugen, Member of the European
Commission, DG
Enlargement
19:00 End

Friday, 9th June 2000

10:00 ? 13:00
Workshop "The Europe of 15+"
The perspective of the candidate countries European Union

15:00 ? 18:00
Workshop "The Europe of 15+"
The perspective of the European Union

-------

That's all, we are waiting for you in Bruxelles/Brussels

On behalf of the organisation team:

Michal Pesta

________________________________
Michal Pesta
Organisation team of the conference in the EP
AEGEE-Europe
Rue Nestor du Tiere 15
B-1030 Brussels
PO Box 72