RAINBOW-L Archives

January 2002

From:
Claudio Picentino <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Claudio Picentino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:45:48 +0100
 AEGEE-Salerno’s board decided to convoke the board of last year to speak with them about the contents of the moral report for last year’s Summer Universities.
Allow a defence to whom is accused is a fundamental principle of democracy.
The difference of our association(AEGEE) from the others is the great spirit of friendship and mutual respect that characterizes our members. In this viewpoint we regret having known the problems of Salerno’s SU of the year 2001 by a moral report and a public mail without being consulted before.

 After reading the moral report we are talking about, AEGEE-Salerno’s board needs to provide some clarifications:

1.AEGEE-Salerno’s SU has always given one meal per day. Due to a printing error, the SU booklet said two.

2.Our fee was in order with the rules for the SUs: €100(of which €50 to be paid in advance) + €50 for excursions.                            We also asked  in advance €25 to the participants interested to Palinuro excursion, to reserve the hostel (it’s impossible to find a chip hostel in Palinuro in summer without reservation). Anyway most of the participants (28 participants) didn’t pay anything in advance, but simply confirmed by fax with a copy of their air ticket.

3.About the negative evaluations we want to specify that there have been some arguments between some organizers and some participants.Who is accused to be unfriendly defends himself by saying that some participant had no idea of what AEGEE spirit is, but just saw in this association the possibility to go on holiday with a little money in famous tourist resorts. Is it more unfriendly a participant breaking off a cultural visit because he wants to sleep or an organizer answering: ”I’m sorry, the bus leaves at the time defined on the programme.”?

The current board has derived from this discussion the following useful  conclusions to improve our SU:

a.Simplify our programme to be more punctual.

b.Reserve the hostel in Palinuro by Aegee Salerno funds.

c.Propose to the SUCT to invite the antennae to organize a seminar to let outgoing members understand that a SU is not a Club Med holiday, but the possibility to live an unforgivable experience in which anyone offers his contribution (even a smile could do).

AEGEE SALERNO.

 ============================================================================RAINBOW-L is a regional discussion list of AEGEE. Check out