RAINBOW-L Archives

March 2000

From:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 14:39:27 CET
Dear Network

Last week end RM took place in Ljubljana.
Here there's the report,it's  long but please read it.I hope it will be
fruitful, both the locals who couldn't be present and the CD, to know what
came out from partecipants.

Lectures,presentations,debate took place saturday-sunday morning,
only on Saturday afternoon we had an interesting discussion with members of
Education Working Group.

Partecipation of Antennae,compared to the 70 people of last year,was bit
demotivating:
only  30  from Torino,Udine (only Sunday meeting),Bologna (only half Sunday
meeting) Venezia,Treviso,Eger (Budapest), 2 people from contact Sarajevo
(arrived on Sunday)
Zagreb,Rijeka,Milano,Verona,Maribor,Adana,Istanbul,(there was also meeting
of Education WG,anyway  AEGEE meetings are opened to all antennae!)  and
AEGEE-Ljubljana of course.

AEGEE-Ferrara promised to come but they didn't show up.

Since beginning we considered idea to connect carnival event into RM next
year for getting more partecipants !
Anyway it was fruitful and we had some proposals in the end wich will
presented at next PM/Agora.
Remarkable was the decision of AEGEE-Venezia to reimbourse its members for
going to AEGEE meetings
and European Schools.

Topics covered were:
- Comite Directeur presentation and what is doing
- Commissions of AEGEE  who are they and what for
- Working Groups
- European projects (past - current)
- European Institutions
- communication within AEGEE - mailing lists,web site
- Statutory meetings
- structure of Antenna (board,committees)
- local PR
- kind of events,calendar
- AEGEE publications Address Book,News Bulletin,results booklets,SU
booklet,Key to Europe
- internal Education:events and material

At the end I distributed various posters,KtE,News Bulletins, and
during lectures and presentation copies of new Operators Manual,flyers of
European Schools,
Borderless Europe and Education for Democracy project description,
Eu institutions, IT instructions in Italian and English.

(...see next mail)