RAINBOW-L Archives

February 2003

From:
Francesca Fedrizzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francesca Fedrizzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:25:45 +0100
At 00.57 07/02/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Ciao,
>apart from saying that I WILL be at the PM in Enschede also to distribute
>booklets among locals, this mail is intended to start discussing some
>important topics of Internal Education. So, let's go!

Hi fabbri... finally here again... in this period my computer has some
problem.. (the new laptop doesn't work like my old one... :-((( ) Really
happy to see you so active, as always... but people.. where are u??? EDU
team??? Anyway let's go...

>*Note: I use lots of abbreviations like ES CW RM TC etc. please make sure it
>becomes common language so to make our lives... shorter :)*

Sorry... i miss CW... what does it mean?? ;-)

>1) Events planning.
>Upcoming IE events in the region are:
>RM in Zagreb focusing on PR/FR. Days:???
>Local TC Roma again on PR/FR. Last weekend of March?
>European School 1 in Torino. 16/24 April

>RM and ES are very important: we have to decide TOGETHER how to manage
>participants, meaning that sending people from the region to those events is
>a very important opportunity for us to get new motivated people!!!

I'm agree with you if the meaning is trying to  make the best PR we can and
focusing our energy on that person who can make again a good PR. Everybody
should go to the ES but sometimes should be better make some kind of
selection trying to help people choose the right one. Think at the ES in
Tartu... some persons like Irene from Pisa has not been accepted... so help
all of them to choose the right event mean give to all the possibility to
partecipate. ( I'm sorry for Irene and the thers but as you can see be a
board member doesn't mean that you have the right to do all.... )

>Furthermore the ES gives us a second opportunity: the most experienced
>people may apply before February, 12th as TRAINERS. Discussion on possible
>names is welcome!!!
>Please note that for the CW team a debate is ongoing into SUCT about whether
>applying for a SU-related CW and also participation of me and Kamala is
>likely :)

Right... right. I also promoted this opportunity... we should start to have
trainers... A name...??? I see Giselle perfect... expecially for english...
you know all academy people..;-))
Infact i'm the black sheep... ;-)

>2) Events strategy.
>Why did I omit considering LTC Roma as "very important"? Well, just because
>this is its place!!!
>Local Training Courses, also known as "IE days", are our main tool for
>action. Just one or two days in Roma are not enough for developing good
>culture and debates throughout the region. This is the so called "level
>inbetween" the high-effort-lenghty-ES1 and the do-care-nothing-about-IE
>approaches :) so it's the one on which we have total possibility of action.
>I trust my dear commies to take actions on contacting new locals and
>offering them NetCom help to organize IE days, but please keep the list
>informed.

You right anyway i would like to promote once again the LTC in the rainbow
making a strong PR!! Something like.... " IE at home...." "Netcom ready for
you..."" or everythings you want. But i really would like to create a
general program approved from our team and then start to publicize it on
the rainbow-l...  what do you think??

>3)Other debates.
>I first thought of starting the whole work "at once", but I reconsidered my
>ideas. I would like to focus on priorities right now, as we need some
>concrete action and results in the short time!!! So, IE-Commies of all the
>world, let's unite and... cross our fingers for the best IE. But of course
>everyone is welcome to open new threads for discussion at any time, nor is
>it said I won't do it myself in a later time!!!

Anyway Florence or Bologna should be the first meeting for all of us... i
really would like to show our team and work togheter...  Let's start with
the program for the LTC and then let's try to get application....

>So, summing up, we need clear ideas on how to deal with applications for
>upcoming regional IE events and a strategy for IE days. I wait for ideas!
>/fabrizio

exatly... sorry i have to go now.. anyway remember that we have all the LTC
material to download on www.aegee.org/academy

see you

Francesca Fedrizzi
...if you know what i know, you know what i mean...