RAINBOW-L Archives

April 2001

From:
Guido Cagnoni <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Guido Cagnoni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 20:17:43 +0200
dear Rainbow Region,
as somebody  remembers, I am the responsible for the promotion of  "Youth" european program , held by the European Commission, that for AEGEE antennas and members would mean most of all new opportunities for funding exchanges( action 1 ) for organizing conferences( action 5 ) and for having the chance to work as a volunteer abroad ( action 2 ).
I already wrote an email here on this list some times ago explaining what the program is about, and of what it consists, but sincerely I was expecting many more replies from you, basing my expectations especially on things told during the regional meeting in Maribor, during which I have been appointed as youth responsible.
Moreover I haven't been contacted by many other antennas all over Europe ( my presentation was also spreaded on th aegee-net-list ) so the attitude is becoming general.

Anyway the reason for which I'm writing to you all on this list is this :
Saturday the 4th of May it will be held here in Ferrara a public  conference organized by my office dedicated to the "Youth" program, and among others we invited also the main responsible of the Italian national agency, the  office inside the social affairs ministery which is in charge of everything related with the european program.

It will be surely a good occasion to talk about this important program, and consider that I will be there, representing AEGEE, together with other representants of other youth associations involved in the implementation of the program at local level - that means they will organize youth exchanges during the summer 2001 - and I will be given 7 or 10 minuts to talk about AEGEE and its future plans as for this plan, so 2 things:

1 ) all of you who have some project to achieve with reference to this program are kindly requested to contact me before that date, just sending me a general outline of your project, so that I could fill it inside my presentation ;
as for now I know only about the conference on human rights issues that will be organized in Torino in autumn, I knew about some other locals in Germany who would like to organize exchanges with eastern antennas, but anything  more.

2 ) all of you who would like to participate and come here to present by yourself your project are welcome : we could arrange for you a lodging for only 15.000 ITL per night ( 8 euros is really cheap, for Italy ) - of course you can come just to make part of the public, nobody prevents you from this -

the conference it will be held inside the Ferrara's city hall general assemblies room, since 9.30 until 13.30hs , and they will show up also the Mayor, the vice Mayor of my city, the president of Eurodesk Italy, the chief of the youth international exchanges of the municipality of Ferrara - that means my own chief -, and dulcis in fundo the general resp. of the Youth directorate, miss P.Trifoni, directly from the Minister's office in Roma .
As special guests the representants of many youth info offices ( informagiovani ) of many italian cities , and us, the representants of all youth associations involved : ACLI, AEGEE, ARCI, Cittadini del mondo, Coop. Germoglio, Legambiente.

have I been clear enough ?

to clearify any doubt just go to :
http://europa.eu.int/comm/education/youth.html : the official european website of the program
www.gioventu.it : the official italian website

or just contact me at :
[log in to unmask] ( personal address )
[log in to unmask] ( office address )

and here below, my last "cadeau" for you, after that I will stop, promised :
general presentation of the "Youth" program, for those who failed to see my message or who don't remember so much :

Many of you probably are thinking right now about future projects in your
antenna. You have great ideas, but the implementation often fails because
of lack of financial resources. Therefore I would like to present to you
the YOUTH programme, a possible source of FUNDING by the European Union.
I will present to you the general ideas of the programme and explain more in the deep action 1 and action 3 . Both actions support specific, small-scale activities
and both are decentralised so they fit well to AEGEE antennas.
For you, this implies that you can send applications DIRECTLY to your
National Agencies- only in exceptional cases (many countries involved in
the project, large sums requested) you have to apply through AEGEE-Europe.
IMPORTANT: If there is doubt whether an application should be send to a
National Agency or the European Commission, contact the CD immediately !!!
So this is what you should do NOW quickly:
-       Think what kind of project you intend to do
-       get the Users' Guide from your national agency or from the internet:
http://europa.eu.int/comm/education/youth.html
-       check if your project complies with the criteria
-       contact your National Agency for more information and help
-       get the appropriate application forms from the internet or the National
Agencies
-       submit the application until next deadline - one each 2 months -       +++++++++++++++
YOUTH PROGRAMME- GENERAL INFORMATION
What are the aims and objectives of the YOUTH programme?
-to contribute to the development of active citizenship of young people
with a European dimension, by allowing them to play an active role in
society and in the construction of a common Europe.
-to contribute to the employability of young people and to foster their
integration into cociety in general, by providing opportunities to acquire
skills and competencies
-to foster intercultural understanding
-to promote the concept and value of non- formal education
The programme is structured in 5 actions:
Action 1- Youth for Europe (youth exchanges)
Action 2- European Voluntary Service
Action 3- Youth Initiatives
Action 4- Joint Actions
Action 5- Support Measures
What countries are involved in the YOUTH programme?
30 countries (programme countries) can participate in all 5 actions of the
Youth Programme. They are divided into three groups:
- European Union member states: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland,
France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands,
Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
- countries of the European Economic Area: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway
- Pre-Accession countries( Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia,
Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovak Republic,
Slovenia)
The Youth Programme supports EXCHANGES WITH THIRD COUNTRIES. Among the
eligible third countries are Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, FYROM,
Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia (South-East Europe) and Armenia, Azerbaijan,
Belarus, Georgia, Moldavia, Russian Federation, Ukraine (Commonwealth of
Independent States).

good bye,
Guido Cagnoni
PR responsible AEGEE Ferrara
promotion  responsible of YOUTH european program

 ============================================================================RAINBOW-L is a regional discussion list of AEGEE. Check out