RAINBOW-L Archives

January 2002

From:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 02:54:37 +0100
Hi dears,
I want to remind you that the 18th of January is the next deadline if you
WANT TO ORGANIZE A SUMMER UNIVERSITY this year!
Go to www.aegee.org/su

I'd like that you read some interesting parts of the Moral report of the
Summer University Coordination Team, presented at the last Agora.

"...85 SUs offered 2414 places, for which 4579 members from 132 locals
applied...."

"Anyway, most of the SUs were organized very good, as the evaluations have
shown..."

"Out of the many outstanding events we would like to mention these that did
not only leave their participants with enthusiasm which can be seen even in
the short comments in the evaluations but which even fulfilled the rules,
collected no extra money (or optional) and gave the Introduction lessons.
The best SUs have been:
Ankara ("just great!")
Athína/Patra ("The SU Athina was an exceptional one.")
Budapest ("I'm happy to recommend Budapest to everybody!")
Cagliari ("You are the best!")
Delft ("a wonderful experience!")
Enschede (" very good in all senses and it receives my best top marks!")
Magusa ("It was unique and absolutely fantastic!")
Rotterdam ("The organizers were too good!")
Sibiu/Brasov ("Give some champions cup to the organizers")
Torino ("It was a dream!")
Utrecht ("I really spent a great time in Utrecht")....."

"Special mentioning deserve antennae which did not organize SU alone but
part of TSU or SE. AEGEE-Maribor, AEGEE-Pavia and AEGEE-Zagreb were praised
as extraordinary, but the SU as a whole lacked of the problems with the
other organizers...."

"- Quite some complaints of participants were about the wasted time waiting
and the to go to some other place etc..... Major problems with this had
Bari, Istanbul, Izmir, L'viv, Milano, Palermo, Genova, Peiraias, Perugia,
Salerno, Thessaloniki, Vigo and Zaragoza."

- Some organizers were recognized as distant, not mixing, even unfriendly.
SUs are no end in itself, it is all about meeting cultures, bringing people
together to learn from each other. If organizers fail in this respect, the
group might get along well "without" them, but the SU is less attractive.
These complaints came e.g. for Cluj-Napoca (guides), Kraków, L'viv,
Ljubljana, Milano, Palermo, Genova, Peiraias, Perugia, Rijeka, Warszawa and
Split. In Salerno one participant even felt that "participants [were]
unnecessary addition in SU"!..."

"- Even worse than senseless waiting is not to fulfil promises! If
organizers state to provide 2 or 3 meals per day, they should not give only
one lunch packet. "Food problems" occurred in Cluj-Napoca, Riga and
Salerno. (AEGEE-Ferrara: Take care of vegetarians! ;-) )..."

"From the evaluations and the amount of problems that occurred, we feel
that AEGEE-Salerno, Perugia and Genova should not organize another SU in
2002, at least not without special attention of the next SUCT...."

Take a look to all moral report to:
http://www.karl.aegee.org/aeg-web.nsf/a9a324fb68f85480c12567f7007e0760/66d9f
70c01f99dafc1256aef007d378c?OpenDocument

Bye bye.