RAINBOW-L Archives

June 2001

From:
Nicola Rega <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nicola Rega <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:19:35 +0200
Hi all!

I think it's time to show you my point of view. As President of my
Antenna. As Subcommissioner. But especially as friend of most of
people who was directly involved in this discussion.

I would like to start from the nice Davide's phrase:
When I was elected, almost 7 months ago, I planned to increase AEGEE in
Southern Italy: "bring Europe to them instead of bring them to Europe!"

In our Region quite all Antennae organise a Summer University. In the
Southern Italy all of the 4 Antennae organise a SU. It means 25 people
(Bari) + 20 (Napoli) + 100 (!) (Palermo) + 30 (Salerno) = 175 (!!!).
Of course Europe goes to the Southern Italy. And what they realise
during July-August in much more that they realise during the whole
year (I'm talking about the total number of participants).
It's an important and fundamental result!
It means that SU is the main European project!

But this is also an individual way to reach the goal (Europe in the
Southern Italy). And when Francesco from Salerno says: "Look at our
PALMARES" shows exactly the situation: wild horses!

Am I wrong? I don't think so because the rule of the Subcommissoner is
only to keep contacts between the Antennae. And when Francesco (again!
:) I assure it's nothing against you) says "we're not interested in
Subcommissioners" shows exactly that situation: wild horses!

What Davide says (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that there's
something more of the SUs. We can cooperate, exchange info, help each
other... I mean: let's start thinking as a family, as a group.
Let's build Europe!

After the last RM, as you can see from the voices of Francesco,
Antonio and Claudio, there's one clear point: everything turns all
around SUs.

So, let's start working all together on this topic. Let's use it as a
meeting point between the "Southern Position" (SU as a trin from and
to Europe) and the "Commissioner Position" (let's move to the South
and buid something more).

Here is my proposal: why don't we use the SU Project in order to
implement our co-operation? Why don't we produce a common point of
view (as Ernesto Monacelli partially asked us in Sonnino?).

Let's start being a team, a group, a family, and not... wild horses!!!

I remember 2 topics from the RM:
1) Quality of SUs.
2) Fee

I'll talk about these topics in next emails (hoping they'll arrive in
the right order).

Very often happened in the past that my voice was a silent voice.
This time, especially for the first point, I'll promote it trough the
Raibow-l, the SUCT and the Bobigosa WG. We'll see...

Anyway I'll wait your feedback (I hope it will be polite and not
polemic, as my email would be).

Friendly yours,

Nicola

¦*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
¦
¦ Nicola Rega
¤ President of Aegee-Torino
¦ West Subcommissioner of RAINBOW Region
¦
¤ Via Mercanti 30 - 10121 Torino - Italy
¦
¤ Mobile Phone: ++39 328 8453928
¤ TEL.: ++39 011 561 72 40
¦