RAINBOW-L Archives

May 2009

From:
Veronika Braun <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Veronika Braun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2009 17:52:48 +0000
Dear AEGEE-members!

Apply until Sunday, May 17th for the final stop of the Y Vote UK bus tour
and the big finale of the whole Y Vote 2009 Campaign!

European Youth Choice, Edinburgh, May 29 – June 2.

What is Y Vote 2009?

Eight months of preparations, nine months of campaigning, ten big
international events, 2000km of the campaign tour, 102 events in 18
countries, 28 different cities in the UK only, hundreds of volunteers,
thousands of young people involved in the grand effort to persuade young
people to vote at the European Parliament elections in June 2009.

And the Youth Agenda 2009 – a set of opinions, ideas and recommendations on
the 10 most important topics for young people in Europe – collectively
written by young people themselves, more than 350 of them from all 27 EU
member states, in a series of Y Vote 2009 conventions, taking place in
Vienna, Groningen, Poznan, Rome, Munich, Ljubljana, Budapest, London,
Cologne and Brussels, from September 2008 to May 2009.

The final convention in Edinburgh will be stage for the final analysis of
the ten ‘Issues that Matter’ from the Youth Agenda 2009 – education,
employment, creativity, mobility, citizenship, multiculturalism, migration,
regionalism, European social model and the relations between the EU and the
world. We will present our ideas on these topics to the members of the
European Parliament and MEP candidates, and we will discus them with the
representatives of the British youth.

We will use the last days and hours before the voting day, June 4, to
exercise the best campaigning techniques on the streets of the Scottish
capital. Finally, we will experience the sights, sounds and flavors of
Scotland and have a lot of fun together - in the celebration of democracy :-)
Participants: 25
Fee: € 50,-

Apply until May 17th here:
http://karl.aegee.rwth-aachen.de/calendar.nsf/ApplicationIndiv?OpenForm&amp;ParentUNID=C7BC63404E17D753C12575B20076243C