RAINBOW-L Archives

February 2001

From:
Luca Falcone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luca Falcone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:33:56 +0100
Dear friends,...

... very good news from the  front of  italian visas obtainment: for these
things we must thank Michele Foffano, President in AEGEE Treviso.
He worked a lot for the Carnival event in Venezia and Treviso, and after a
long effort he obtained visas for Ukranian, Romanian, Belarus partecipants.
SAnd he obtained them because he found a the right procedure for a
productive contact with Italian Consulates in Kyiv, in Bucuresti, in Minsk.
He explaned me this procedure and he asked I diffuse on AEGEE lists. Thank
you, Michele!
Pay attention, please, friends! Particulary board-members of Italian AEGEE
locals!

1) Send all this material to the Italian CONSULATE by fax:

    I - A copy of the PASSPORT of the Responsible of the event or of the
President of the local.
    II - A PERSONAL (for each partecipant) invitation letter, written in
ITALIAN.
    III - A presentation of AEGEE and of your local, written in ITALIAN.
    IV - A presentation and an explanation of the event, written in ITALIAN.
    V- A complete and rich programme of the event, realized in ITALIAN.
    VI - The address in Italy of the partecipants needing visas and their
telephone number.
    VII - If it's possible, a presentation letter of your University.

2) Call the Italian CONSULATE some days after you have sent the fax at 8.30
in the morning. Pay attention! 8.30 for the Consulate, not for you! Then you
must phone at 7.30 in the morning! If you call later you won't be able to
contact them.
When you'll talk with the Consulate, ask for a confirmation, explane an
other time the project, ask info and ... remain praying!

3) All these things must be done at least 50 days before the event, for a
SU, if it's possible, also before!

That's all. With all thewse things Michele obtained visas. We must try in
same way.
An other thank to Michele Foffano, and see all of you soon!

Bye!
Luca Falcone
AEGEE Europe Human Rights WG PR Responsible
Visa Freedom Fighters WG
Vice-President AEGEE Napoli
E-mail address: [log in to unmask]