RAINBOW-L Archives

November 2000

From:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:39:00 +0100
Dear Giovanna, dear Francesco, dear members especially from the region !

I'm very sorry to see what you want to discuss instead putting your
energies in AEGEE in a different way, but you ignore many
things about statutory meetings, volenteering organisations, and you are
really losing our AIM !!!

Did not the agora leave you without any other higher reflection, any other
idea in your mind out from AEGEE, no enthusiasm at all, so nothing else apart
focusing on the organisational part of the event ???
Now a few words about AEGEE-Udine, and I hope some members will forgive me
for mentioning..

1. AEGEE-Udine was running for organising an agora in april 99, but some
members, myself, didn't want to do it, because we thought it was too
early for us, so the project, surely the biggest for the antenna, was
postponed for 2001.
Ten months ago it was asked to AEGEE-Udine to organise the autumn agora
since there were no candidates, which was really a big problem for our
network. Correct me if I'm wrong !

2. Obviously the organising antenna has to support the works of the
delegates providing the most favourable conditions, meals, parties,
lodging... all this is essential for the success of an agora, and members
of AEGEE-Udine did as much as possible as far as I know...
I usually don't participate into AEGEE events because of the great
buffet, **** hotels, bath of sun, etc...or I would go to a travel
agency...(here we are again ;-)
I guess you confused wich are the AIMS of AEGEE and the means...

What don't you talk about the results of the agora, the projects wich
were presented for next, or other AEGEE actions...
There were several decisions taken by the delegates, did you agree on
those?  How would you develop them with your local ?
I guess you took part in the workshops..? Did anyone influenced you and
your local ?

Now think about the effect of your critics on those volunteers, and for
example on those members who are considering to organise next statutory
events, not to talk about the future members of AEGEE-Udine, for whom the
agora was the first experience on wich they put their energies, and now
are reading your words... I hope they will not have a bad idea of the
kind of organisation AEGEE is.
I'm very concerned by your hard attitude because you are terribly wrong
doing this, please don't forget the respect and solidarity
towards candidates, towards volunteers ... and the organisers...
Remember: none of use is better and we all do mistakes.

Read you !!!

Angela