RAINBOW-L Archives

November 2001

From:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 04:40:35 +0100
It's the time for my NetCom trip Report,
first of all I've to say that I was very lucky because I could reach 3
Rainbow Locals by ship, since I had an enormous discount for cruise there
(I worked in the Venetian harbour).

During my NetCom trip I visited the Boards of:
-AEGEE Valletta, AEGEE Palermo, AEGEE Napoli.

First of all I'm proud to say that I'm the first Network Commissioner to go
to Malta and Sicily (I suppose...) to visit some Locals there.

Some details:
-I met the AEGEE Valletta people and discussed mainly how to make them feel
part of the Network, the solutions are a possible TSU with AEGEE Palermo
and AEGEE Messina. And a future exchange with AEGEE Venezia (that is also
my Local..., funny isn't it?), or another Rainbow Local.
-With AEGEE Palermo we discussed on the same topic, since Sicily is not
very close to Europe, maybe the RM of May 2002 will be there, they
presented me a very interssted proposal. The collaboration between AEGEE
Palermo, the new AEGEE Messina (that requested to organize an Eureca
Event), and the Contact Catania was also in the center of our discussion,
since is the only one way for not being isolated for the sicilian AEGEE
members.
-With AEGEE Napoli we discussed mainly about the possibility of organizing
a FRES in Spring 2002, I realized that this Antenna is the actual strongest
Local of all Center and Southern Italy, they'll organize also a QVE Event
in January 2002. They agreed with me that they can do a lot for all the
Southern part of the Rainbow Region, by stimulating and motivating the
neighborus.
They offered also the possibility of produced t-shirt and PR material for
very cheap price for all Region, and also for all Network (just write me if
yuo need it).

In this way the trip was very fruitful and it gave me the possibility to
realize that in the Southern part of the Rainbow many energies are ready
for important activities in AEGEE, and don't forget that AEGEE Cagliari is
candidating for organizing the PM in September 2002!

Bye bye.