RAINBOW-L Archives

May 2002

Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 20:27:35 +0200
Forwarded message:

Subject: [SU-OUTGOING-L] Free places in SU Cluj-Napoca

Hello Everyone!!!!

We want to announce that there are still free places in our SU. So, anyone
who is interested to come to Cluj, and spend an "Unfergettable Summer"
please let us know.
Next, there'a a reminder of our SU description.

We are waiting for message from you.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Cluj-Napoca
  An Unforgettable Summer
20.07 03.08
  Course code: SU02CJN1
Course subject: Culture; History; Traditions; Romanian Language ..... FUN;
FUN!!!
Event type: SC
Working languages: English; Romanian
Levels: 1, 2, 3
Number of participants: 30
Confirmation date for invited participants: 31.5.02
Accomodation: Students residence, hostel (sleeping bag and matress needed!)
Meals: Breakfast; Lunch

Fee: 120 Euro
Payment: 50% in advance, 50% on arrival

  Teaching staff: Students, graduates, teachers
Teaching program:
Course location: University
Timetable: 3 hours per day
Teaching equipment: Books, slides, projections
Course details:
During the course you'll attend you will learn about our long and troubled
history, our great culture, our wonderful and ancient traditions, you'll
hear stories and tales of our folklore and last, but not least, you will
learn a bit of our unique, beautiful Romanian language.

  The time you'll spend in Cluj will be very interesting, and through it
you get to know our beautiful town. We'll take you in a guided city tour,
you will visit our museums: the etnographical one, the history museum, the
art museum and the water museum. You'll also visit the Botanical Garden,
the greatest and biggest one in the SE of Europe. You'll take walks in the
park, row boats on the lake, enjoy a panoramic view of the city from the
Citadel Hill, go swimming. You'll also have free time for relaxations,
walking, shopping, and eventually, sleeping. On top of all these, we
prepared for you a lot of parties: Romanian night, European night (you have
to contribute with something representative from your country, like food,
drinks, music etc.), surprise parties, disco dancing and pub crawling.

  We prepared some nice excursions for you to enjoy: a pick-nick by the
lake in Fantanele, a resort near Cluj (you need swimming suits); visits to
monasteries; a three-day trip in the country side, where traditions were
best preserved; a visit to an old salt mine; and then, to Cheile Turzii,
where you'll see a charstic phenomenon unique in Europe.

City: RO-3400 Cluj-Napoca
Tel: +40-96-477310
Fax: +40-64-192072
E-mail: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]